American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Ka-ching-- 2160 rounds of 1980-vintage Russian 7n6 5.45x39mm ammo.

For some guys this would last about 3 range trips.  For me this is probably a couple year's worth.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

I'm surprised nobody's ejaculating over the death of the assault weapons ban.

Then again, was it really surprising anyway?

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 20, 2013, 08:05:27 PM

I'm surprised it got so much coverage yesterday-- its failure was inevitable.  It wouldn't pass a full Senate vote, let alone the House.  Even if enough Dems voted for it, it would hurt them in 2014.  It was just a matter of when Reid would kill it.

I did like hearing Dianne tell me how it wouldn't ban every single gun and that there would still be some left for me to choose from :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

:lol: Did you expect it to pass?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on March 21, 2013, 12:53:50 AM

No, I did not.  I expect no true reforms in gun control whatsoever.  I've told you that before, bullethead.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 21, 2013, 08:11:02 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 21, 2013, 12:53:50 AM

No, I did not.  I expect no true reforms in gun control whatsoever.  I've told you that before, bullethead.

I bet you get your "OMG gunshow loophole" closed.

CountDeMoney

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 21, 2013, 09:13:06 AM
Quote from: derspiess on March 21, 2013, 09:06:36 AM
I bet you get your "OMG gunshow loophole" closed.

Nah.  Unenforceable.

A lot of gun laws are difficult to enforce.  But a majority of gun-owners follow them out of fear.

MadImmortalMan

Just curious, but have any of you guys ever actually been able to buy a gun at a show without a background check? They checked me every time.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on March 21, 2013, 07:24:09 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 21, 2013, 07:22:35 PM
Never tried. Gun shows annoy me.

Normally overpriced that I've seen.

That and the Das reich t shirts for sale. It is like wargamers, except skinnier.

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 21, 2013, 07:25:30 PM

That and the Das reich t shirts for sale. It is like wargamers, except skinnier.

Das Reich. Get it right Untermensch

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on March 21, 2013, 10:36:52 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 21, 2013, 07:25:30 PM

Das Reich. Get it right Untermensch

MEIN IPAD IST DEFECTIVE BRIGADEFUHRER!

derspiess

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 21, 2013, 06:43:33 PM
Just curious, but have any of you guys ever actually been able to buy a gun at a show without a background check? They checked me every time.

Never bought one at a gun show. I can think of several I should have bought, and but I've only actually bought ammo & drinking accessories.

And I always feel like I need to take another shower after I leave, FWIW.