American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Scipio on February 23, 2013, 05:45:16 PM
If you can't hunt deer with a .30-30, you can't hunt deer.

That's debatable. What's not debatable is that there are much better calibers for taking down a deer.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Don't have to worry about processing the deer meat later with that.   Do it right in the field.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

11B4V

That vid is priceless Biden moronics. Why couldnt he be pres? Comedy gold.

and the hotties love the guns.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Oh and I bought a 5.45x39 AR upper today. With 5.56x45 so insanely priced, Russian surplus 5.45 is still cheap.

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on March 01, 2013, 10:59:08 PM
Oh and I bought a 5.45x39 AR upper today. With 5.56x45 so insanely priced, Russian surplus 5.45 is still cheap.

Good score

derspiess

Quote from: 11B4V on March 01, 2013, 11:00:46 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 01, 2013, 10:59:08 PM

Good score

It's a bit of irony, shooting a commie round in a good old American rifle.

CountDeMoney

QuoteA second-grade student at an Anne Arundel County elementary school was suspended for two days after school officials accused him of biting into a breakfast pastry and turning it into the shape of a gun.

The incident on Friday at Park Elementary School, in Brooklyn Park, prompted school officials to send a letter home to parents regarding the incident.

"During breakfast this morning, one of our students used food to make inappropriate gestures that disrupted the class," said the letter, which was also posted on the schools' website. "While no physical threats were made and no one was harmed, the student had to be removed from the classroom."

The letter said the school system's student handbook outlines the system's Code of Conduct policy, as well as consequences students face when codes of conduct are violated.

The letter said Anne Arundel County Public Schools' procedures were followed "to address the student's actions and communicate with the student's family." It also encouraged parents to discuss the incident with their children and that the school's counselor would be available this week to meet with students on the matter as well.

The posting stated that the letter was written by Park assistant principal Myrna Phillips.

Anne Arundel schools spokesman Bob Mosier said Monday the pastry in question was a breakfast bar that was "part of the school wide breakfast program that is served daily at Park Elementary." He declined to comment further.

Neither the student nor his parents could immediately be reached for comment.

derspiess

That kid's a menace!  Tommy likes making Star Wars-type "guns" out of his blocks.  I've reminded him a few times not to do anything like that at his pre-school just to avoid any of this silliness.  He kept asking me why & I had no easy answer.  I finally just told him some people at schools are just weird about stuff like that.

IIRC, my dad's high school had a shooting range in the basement.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on March 04, 2013, 03:47:32 PM
Ah West Virginia!

I think they even used migrant workers as target holders.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son