American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I forgot to mention that I was at the gun range on Sunday morning and when we were done one of the dudes who worked there showed me their new indoor airsoft range and let me fire a bunch of the guns you can rent for free.  The M-16 with an M-203 'grenade launcher' attachment fired like 50 airsoft pellets with each trigger pull. :lol:

btw this is the third straight time I've taken the Beretta without a single misfeed. :cool:  I put probably 60-75 rounds through it each time, so I guess I worked the problem out by locking the slide open and/or thoroughly cleaning all of the machine grease it came with out of it.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2012, 01:16:33 PM
I forgot to mention that I was at the gun range on Sunday morning and when we were done one of the dudes who worked there showed me their new indoor airsoft range and let me fire a bunch of the guns you can rent for free.  The M-16 with an M-203 'grenade launcher' attachment fired like 50 airsoft pellets with each trigger pull. :lol:

Never heard of a place renting airsoft guns, but the grenade launcher thing would be cool to try.

Quotebtw this is the third straight time I've taken the Beretta without a single misfeed. :cool:  I put probably 60-75 rounds through it each time, so I guess I worked the problem out by locking the slide open and/or thoroughly cleaning all of the machine grease it came with out of it.

I'm of the opinion that you should always clean the hell out of any new firearm you buy, even if it looks clean to begin with.  Then bathe it in CLP and wipe it down just to be sure.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadImmortalMan

Colorado gun sales up 41% following the shooting.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

katmai

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 24, 2012, 04:33:51 PM

Because as this board clearly demonstrates gun owners are nut jobs. :)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

That douchebag Rich Wyatt blew a load in his pants.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

I went to a local gun show Saturday (one of the bigger ones that comes through the area) and it seemed like the dealers had upped their prices a bit in anticipation of demand.  The election year, specifically fear of an Obama reelection, was already pushing things upward.  Lots of people buying.

If Romney wins, the bubble will burst and prices will plummet.  If Obama wins, I think prices will go back down, just more slowly.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

viper37

It's not like the President can do much about gun control.  My understanding of the issue is that the Supreme Court has ruled unconstitutionnal any laws aimed at restricting the posesssion of a gun, be it at federal or state level.  What do they think Obama will do, send in the army to collect the guns by force?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: viper37 on July 24, 2012, 07:16:39 PM
What do they think Obama will do, send in the army to collect the guns by force?

Actually, they do.  They're that fucking nuts.

derspiess

Almost.  They expect him to curtail availability.  Without control of Congress I don't see how he'll have much power to do it, unless he pulls some sort of executive order shenanigans.  But I'm unaware of any significant cards he can play that way.

Caliga

So Princesca told me that instead of us buying each other gifts for Christmas I can buy a shotgun instead.  Yes, I have the greatest wife ever. :showoff:

I need shotgun buying advice PLZ.  What gauge should I buy, what brands should I look at, etc.

I may want to shoot wildlife with this gun, if that makes a big difference. :)

Ed Anger

I got the Mossberg Breecher, but it is mostly home defense.

Caliga

I talked to some of Princesca's uncles/cousins and all I heard was Mossberg and Remington.

Ed Anger

The mossberg is a good shotty. The one I got is for killing humans, not wildlife.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 24, 2012, 07:28:57 PM
Quote from: viper37 on July 24, 2012, 07:16:39 PM
What do they think Obama will do, send in the army to collect the guns by force?

Actually, they do.  They're that fucking nuts.

It's even more bizarre when you hear wing-nuts over here trumpeting the same arse-crack guff.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on November 28, 2012, 07:39:04 PM
So Princesca told me that instead of us buying each other gifts for Christmas I can buy a shotgun instead.  Yes, I have the greatest wife ever. :showoff:

I need shotgun buying advice PLZ.  What gauge should I buy, what brands should I look at, etc.

I may want to shoot wildlife with this gun, if that makes a big difference. :)

12 gauge Mossberg is an excellent shotgun for the price, and can't go wrong with a Remington 870.  870s rack louder IMO, and whoever it is on the other side of that door in the middle of the night will immediately recognize it.
Bennellis are overpriced.

For home defense, make sure it's a tactical 18" barrel, get a pistol grip and a collapsible stock, or forgo the stock altogether.  Full sized bird guns are too unwieldy in the home defense environment.  Tell the missus you need to get another gun for the ducks.