American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

So you have to own the place to feel sufficiently threatened? :huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on July 18, 2012, 03:09:09 PM
These have apparently been in the works for a while, but I just found out about them yesterday:

StG-44 in .22LR

If I had $500 to blow on a .22, I'd be all over it.  I'd like one in the original 7.92x33, even if it did cost me $.70 per round to shoot it.

:)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 18, 2012, 02:23:28 PM
If #1 had dropped his gun, I'd agree with you.  Btw, is it me or were the bystanders acting like total morons.  If you're not part of the fight, get behind some fucking cover and plant your ass there.

He turned and hauled ass;  that made him no longer an immediate threat.  The shooter was still drawn, so he could fire if necessary, if the suspect had turned back. 
But he made sure that wasn't going to happen with the Yosemite Sam impersonation, laying down his own suppression fire.  :lol:

That's the problem with drawing and engaging with some many bystanders around, they're just as unpredictable than suspects. That's one of the reasons you don't draw your firearm at the time he did, in a situation like that.

Meh, I'd qualify this as a "very lucky it turned out the way it did" scenario.  Not one to show in defensive shooting class if I were an instructor, that's for sure.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 18, 2012, 02:48:39 PM
Apparently he wounded both suspects.  He used what looks like a sub-compact pistol & I wouldn't be surprised if it were a .380, which is a fairly puny round but I guess it's good enough to at least chase the bad guys away.

Yeah, it probably was a .380 if not something smaller.  That's why I never carried anything less than Remington .357 Golden Sabers in my Smith & Wesson.  When you shoot somebody, you want to make sure they don't get back up to testify.

The Federal HydroShoks are in the .45.

Goodamn, I hated that Glock.

Caliga

Really hard to tell from the video but his gun looked like it could have been a baby Glock to me.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 18, 2012, 06:38:57 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 18, 2012, 02:48:39 PM
Apparently he wounded both suspects.  He used what looks like a sub-compact pistol & I wouldn't be surprised if it were a .380, which is a fairly puny round but I guess it's good enough to at least chase the bad guys away.

Yeah, it probably was a .380 if not something smaller.  That's why I never carried anything less than Remington .357 Golden Sabers in my Smith & Wesson.  When you shoot somebody, you want to make sure they don't get back up to testify.

The Federal HydroShoks are in the .45.

Goodamn, I hated that Glock.

And CdM calls it...

QuoteWilliams surprised the two thugs by pulling his own handgun, identified by the Marion County Sheriff's Office as a two-tone .380-caliber Taurus TCP, and opened fire.

Caliga

ugh, that fucker is ugly.  I borrowed a Taurus Millennium from a friend for a while and kind of liked it, but it was chambered .32ACP and felt very odd to fire... not sure if it was the caliber or something else about the gun itself.  Anyway, I didn't think it was all that bad even though Taurus has kind of a checkered rep.

CountDeMoney

That's because Taurus is Brazilian shit.

Ed Anger

I like my Walther PPK for my .380 needs. Plus, I can pretend I'm Adolf Hitler in the bunker.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

My father in law has a Bersa Thunder 380.  Nice little PPK clone.

CountDeMoney

I worked with a former Green Beanie years ago that brought in his PPK, one he scored in Europe in the early '60s.  That thing weighed a fucking ton. None of that polymer shit, this thing was as heavy as a large frame revolver.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 18, 2012, 08:11:59 PM
That's because Taurus is Brazilian shit.

I always liked the PT-92, at least back when they were cheaper than the original Beretta 92 they copied :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 18, 2012, 10:01:53 PM
I always liked the PT-92, at least back when they were cheaper than the original Beretta 92 they copied :mellow:

Meh, when I was in bail bonds a buddy of mine carried one.  Felt tinny and cheaply made.  Then again guns, you get what you pay for.

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on July 18, 2012, 10:01:53 PM
The Millennium model I was referring to earlier was a PT-132; similar frame but (obviously) chambered differently.

derspiess

Both my AR's have bayonet lugs & I figured I needed to get a bayonet to stick on the end, just because.  Ordered one of these from Amazon.  For practical purposes I will probably take it camping with me.

I probably should have ordered the "white" stainless blade but black just looks so much cooler on a 100% black rifle. 

I suck at knife-sharpening so I'll get my brother to do it.