American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Bought one of these cheapie 2 MOA red dot sights for my AR M4-ish carbine.  It's a knockoff of an Aimpoint M3, made by a company called Primary Arms & gets awesome reviews.  I got the high cantilever mount and may at some point get a 3x magnifier for it.

Now I just gotta train my eyes to use the red dot and not confuse myself with the front iron sight.  It has multiple reticles but I'll probably just use the dot.  Have a Magpul MBUS rear sight on order to replace the LMT sight, which I moved to my A3-ish rifle.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Full auto shotguns don't interest me in the slightest. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 14, 2012, 12:42:20 AM
A Tommy gun on the other hand looks so retro-future it hurts. The 1928 may be the most beautiful gun ever made.

Oh, it's definitely nice.  For home defense a 1911 would just be a lot more practical.

In terms of submachinegun aesthetics, the MP5 is where it's at IMO.

derspiess

Got both ARs pretty much how I want them.  On top is the 20" with the A2 stock I installed today and the LMT rear sight.  Decided against getting a detachable carry handle for now.  It needs a sling, obviously.

On bottom is the 16" mid-length with the polymer lower and the red dot sight I got a couple weeks ago.  It's folded down so it's hard to see, but I also have the Magpul back-up rear sight on there.  I may get crazy & buy a 4x magnifier to put behind the red dot sight.

I haven't shot the 20" rifle yet, but I put 200 rounds through the 16".  No issues at all and it seems like it's at least as accurate as I am.  I zeroed it in 9 shots but pretty much had it zeroed after 6.

That pretty much satisfies the AR itch I had.  Now I kinda miss having an AK :hmm:

Caliga

I have my holster now.  Crossbreed Supertuck.  So far I like it, though it's still definitely in the breaking-in phase. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

It is far too easy for people like you to get firearms in this country.

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 06, 2012, 06:54:53 PM
It is far too easy for people like you to get firearms in this country.
I needs ta exercise MAH RAHTS.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

I think I'm going to retire the .38 to the gun safe. So it can be handed down when the time is right.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 06, 2012, 07:21:50 PM
I think I'm going to retire the .38 to the gun safe. So it can be handed down when the time is right.

My Dad said the same thing, but it's the only one my Mom has the strength to pull the trigger on.

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on June 15, 2012, 05:48:10 AM

and fuck your new age plastic bullshit.  :P

Neat.  Is that one of the ones from WWI?  I think the Germans complained that it was a war crime to use it.  I imagine a shotgun would be formidable in trench warfare.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on July 06, 2012, 08:46:01 PM
Neat.  Is that one of the ones from WWI?  I think the Germans complained that it was a war crime to use it.  I imagine a shotgun would be formidable in trench warfare.

Yah, that looks like the ol' 1897 trench broom.  And the Germans bitched about it as a war crime, which was pretty fucking funny coming from them.  YOU WANT MUSTARD WITH THAT

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 06, 2012, 07:21:50 PM

get a .357 and use 38's in it also. :P DIVERSIFY MAN.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on July 06, 2012, 06:36:06 PM
Got both ARs pretty much how I want them. 

That pretty much satisfies the AR itch I had.  Now I kinda miss having an AK :hmm:

I need to get a good aimpoint for the SR. When I got the rifle, I fired 30 rounds through it and stuck it under the bed. Been there ever since. Just pull it out once a month to do maintenance.