American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 28, 2012, 11:00:22 PM
Quote from: katmai on March 28, 2012, 10:08:46 PM
It's true. A vicious cycle that forces me to be armed to protect ones self from the likes of Caliga and Derspicy.

I trust guys like 11Bravo, Otto and Strix with advanced weaponry, and would feel comfortable backing them up during a forced-entry breach.  Those other two...I dunno, man.

If I have to do a forced-entry breach, we're all in a lot of trouble. 

But you can trust me with an AR-pattern rifle.  I'm not some range Rambo/mall ninja.  I've had a buttload of firearms training (much of it in ROTC, where I became intimately acquainted with M16A1s and A2s), routinely qualified expert, etc.

I field stripped my new rifle last night to clean it from the factory test firing (I can't go to sleep knowing I have a dirty rifle) and was literally able to disassemble the bolt carrier group with my eyes closed.  It had been over a decade and a half since I last had to do that.  Took me back to '95, cleaning our loaned out National Guard A1s in one of the Military Science classrooms on a late Sunday with Pearl Jam blaring on the radio :cry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

It's true. A vicious cycle that forces me to be armed to protect ones self from the likes of Caliga and Derspicy.

Thanks for the non-mention.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 29, 2012, 09:55:29 AM

Thanks for the non-mention.  :(

Serves you right.  You disappointed me by not buying that Nagant pistol.

You may still have a chance, though.  AIM is supposed to get more in ;)  http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?groupid=350&name=Russian+M1895+7.62x38R+Nagant+Revolver
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

I've not even touched my SKS in 3 months. I know she's lonely. :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 29, 2012, 10:07:34 AM
I've not even touched my SKS in 3 months. I know she's lonely. :(

The obvious answer is to buy her a companion.

Speaking of SKS's, it's funny how rarity impacts market value and can trump other things like condition and quality of manufacture.  I was at a gun shop a couple months ago & saw a pristine factory-reworked Russian SKS priced $100 lower than some beat-to-shit Albanian SKS. 

derspiess

Quote from: 11B4V on March 28, 2012, 10:32:51 PM
Nice. Now you need to get a nice Aimpoint after your reloading set-up. :cheers:

:pinch:  Can't justify spending that much on a red dot sight.

If anything, I'll get one of these: https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_s/586.htm

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on March 29, 2012, 10:27:38 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 28, 2012, 10:32:51 PM
Nice. Now you need to get a nice Aimpoint after your reloading set-up. :cheers:

:pinch:  Can't justify spending that much on a red dot sight.

If anything, I'll get one of these: https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_s/586.htm

I hear ya. They are pricey to say the least. :(

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on March 29, 2012, 09:43:50 AM
I field stripped my new rifle last night to clean it from the factory test firing (I can't go to sleep knowing I have a dirty rifle) and was literally able to disassemble the bolt carrier group with my eyes closed.
Pfft.  I can fire the rifle with my eyes closed.

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 28, 2012, 09:51:53 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on March 28, 2012, 05:20:47 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 28, 2012, 04:16:49 PM
Remind me not to go anywhere near where either of those two, or people like them, live.
:lol:  There are people "like them" in just about every state of the USA.
Yes but surely they are in well marked areas so that sane people can can avoid them.
Yeah.  It's called 'The Border'.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: 11B4V on March 28, 2012, 10:29:18 PM

Makes for a more polite society. You never know when someone's packin heat.
The evidence doesn't seem to support that.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

derspiess

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 28, 2012, 11:00:22 PM
I trust guys like 11Bravo, Otto and Strix with advanced weaponry, and would feel comfortable backing them up during a forced-entry breach.  Those other two...I dunno, man.
You're right not to trust me in that situation. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

11B4V

Nothing like an exhilarating day of CQB, Active Shooter, room/building assaults to get the blood pumping.  :yeah:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.