American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on February 18, 2012, 07:43:35 PM
Passed my qualification for a CCDW today. :cool:

But somehow between the gun range and home I seem to have lost a piece of my pistol (the block adaptor/locking block). :blink:
:hmm:  Methinks the qualification criteria could use a bit more rigor.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on February 18, 2012, 09:49:03 PM

But somehow between the gun range and home I seem to have lost a piece of my pistol (the block adaptor/locking block). :blink:

No shit.

Way to go, Cletus.

11B4V

Cal you all actually have a qual process?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Caliga

Quote from: 11B4V on February 18, 2012, 11:20:47 PM
Yep, it's like this:

1.  Fill out a bunch of paperwork.
2.  Watch a 5 hour video consisting of Commonwealth Attorneys reading the statues related to CCDW and definition of deadly force to you.
3.  Take a written examination based on the contents of said video.
4.  Pass a range qualification, which requires you to fire 20 rounds into a sillhouette target at 7 yards and score at least 11 out of 20 hits on the target (nicknamed 'The Ray Charles Invitational').  I got 20/20 hits of course.

The entire process takes 8 hours.  After all this, you get a bunch of shit in the mail and then have to take it to the county sheriff, who issues the CCDW (Kentucky is a 'shall issue' state) and sends a bunch of crap off to the state.  Then the state mails you your license.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 18, 2012, 10:14:49 PM
Way to go, Cletus.
Screw you.  :P I DON'T DO WELL UNDER PRESSURE. :blush:

The instructor made us field strip our guns, which I've done plenty of times, and I thought we were going to be asked to clean them, but instead he goes "I JUST WANTED TO SEE Y'ALL CAN DO THAT" and asked us to put them back together, clean up, and take them out to our cars.  Because the Beretta is actually a PITA to put back together (unlike the Glock) I just threw the parts loose into my case and closed it.  Somehow between the range and my kitchen table the adaptor/block disappeared.  I never would have left my gun disassembled except for that fucker throwing that curveball at me.  I mean, I had my RemOil out and everything. :rolleyes:

Caliga

You may mock me, but Marti would have loved being in this class because there was a woman in there who fits his mental definition of 'ugly Amurrican' exactly.  I didn't think I'd ever find someone like that in my life until yesterday.

* She had her fingernails painted red, white, and blue.
* She was wearing a T-shirt with an American flag on it and the logo "THESE COLORS DON'T RUN"
* She wound randomly say "God Bless America".  I thought at first she was doing this in lieu of swearing (she seemed to do it alot when she was feebly trying to load up her magazines), but then realized it was some sort of tic later.
* Her cell ringtone was "God Bless the USA".
* She kept telling everyone she was there because some 'foreigner' had tried to kidnap her five kids so she needed to be prepared for the next time it happened.
* She argued with the instructor about how she should be able to use deadly force against someone who was sitting in their car "looking at her kids".  There was a lawyer in the class who tried to reason with her briefly, but then gave up.

But... she passed the course too.  God Bless America, indeed. :)

Razgovory

Maybe you can be a character witness in the near future, Cal.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Caliga on February 19, 2012, 07:01:47 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on February 18, 2012, 11:20:47 PM
Yep, it's like this:

1.  Fill out a bunch of paperwork.
2.  Watch a 5 hour video consisting of Commonwealth Attorneys reading the statues related to CCDW and definition of deadly force to you.
3.  Take a written examination based on the contents of said video.
4.  Pass a range qualification, which requires you to fire 20 rounds into a sillhouette target at 7 yards and score at least 11 out of 20 hits on the target (nicknamed 'The Ray Charles Invitational').  I got 20/20 hits of course.

The entire process takes 8 hours.  After all this, you get a bunch of shit in the mail and then have to take it to the county sheriff, who issues the CCDW (Kentucky is a 'shall issue' state) and sends a bunch of crap off to the state.  Then the state mails you your license.

Wow. Thats a lot of shit for that ccw. Not hard, just have to edure it.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Caliga

Yeah, but the good news is that the Kentucky CCDW is honored in most other states.  FUCK YOU, CALIFORNIA. :mad:

11B4V

DGuller

God bless state rights.  They sure make things simple.  :)

PRC

Quote from: Caliga on February 19, 2012, 07:10:35 AM
You may mock me, but Marti would have loved being in this class because there was a woman in there who fits his mental definition of 'ugly Amurrican' exactly.  I didn't think I'd ever find someone like that in my life until yesterday.

* She had her fingernails painted red, white, and blue.
* She was wearing a T-shirt with an American flag on it and the logo "THESE COLORS DON'T RUN"
* She wound randomly say "God Bless America".  I thought at first she was doing this in lieu of swearing (she seemed to do it alot when she was feebly trying to load up her magazines), but then realized it was some sort of tic later.
* Her cell ringtone was "God Bless the USA".
* She kept telling everyone she was there because some 'foreigner' had tried to kidnap her five kids so she needed to be prepared for the next time it happened.
* She argued with the instructor about how she should be able to use deadly force against someone who was sitting in their car "looking at her kids".  There was a lawyer in the class who tried to reason with her briefly, but then gave up.

But... she passed the course too.  God Bless America, indeed. :)

That's scary.

Caliga

Here's another way of looking at it:

GREEN - states that trust Cal
RED - nanny bullshit states that don't

Caliga

Quote from: PRC on February 19, 2012, 02:52:14 PM
That's scary.
I look forward to hearing about her on the news at some point in the future.

"LOCAL NUT SHOOTS ASIAN MAN WHO 'LOOKED AT HER KIDS FUNNY'"

11B4V

Quote from: Caliga on February 19, 2012, 02:53:58 PM
Here's another way of looking at it:

GREEN - states that trust Cal
RED - nanny bullshit states that don't

KY honors WA but not the other way around.... :lol: