American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonasSalk

Quote from: hotshot on December 11, 2011, 09:31:22 AM
So it doesn't come as a surprise that gun-related crimes are rampant.

Not really.  Gun crime is lower and lower every year.
Yuman

JonasSalk

Quote from: DGuller on December 11, 2011, 10:18:14 PMMaybe because his penis is large?  Er, I assume that it is, that is. :unsure:

Thanks for proving your mastery of penises in public yet again, DGizz.
Yuman

DGuller

I've done many things in my life, but proving my mastery of penises in public is a step too far.  :wacko:

JonasSalk

Hey, to each his own. If thinking about guns gets you hot and thinking about dick, it wouldn't be the strangest fetish stated on this forum.
Yuman

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on December 11, 2011, 10:18:14 PM
Quote from: JonasSalk on December 11, 2011, 10:15:51 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 10, 2011, 10:33:59 PM
Why are you all carrying guns around? :unsure:

Why aren't you?
Maybe because his penis is large?  Er, I assume that it is, that is. :unsure:

I thought we were done with that chapter. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 11, 2011, 09:46:09 PM
Went to a local range to go shooting today, my buddy had his Glock 9mm, I rented out a 1911.

I guess I am not really into handguns....always been more of a rifle/shotgun man.

The place I went to also had a couple M1 Garands for sale.  Soooo tempting.

Razgovory

Quote from: JonasSalk on December 11, 2011, 10:19:03 PM
Quote from: hotshot on December 11, 2011, 09:31:22 AM
So it doesn't come as a surprise that gun-related crimes are rampant.

Not really.  Gun crime is lower and lower every year.

That doesn't disprove what he said.  Gun Crime is lower and lower from what year to what year?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

JonasSalk

Quote from: Razgovory on December 12, 2011, 01:23:47 AMThat doesn't disprove what he said.  Gun Crime is lower and lower from what year to what year?

rampĀ·ant/ˈrampənt/
Adjective:   
(esp. of something unpleasant) Flourishing or spreading unchecked: "rampant inflation".
(of a person or activity) Violent or unrestrained in action or performance

If it's going down, it isn't exactly unrestrained or spreading, is it, genius?

And most of the figures I see say it's at a nearly all-time low.

http://blogs.berkeley.edu/2010/06/16/a-crime-puzzle-violent-crime-declines-in-america/

The same phenomena is happening in Canada, our lesser-armed northern neighbour.  Who knows what the true reasons for the dramatic decline are--I'm not a sociologist or a criminologist, so I can only take guesses--but it doesn't seem to have much to do with the fact that people are carrying guns or not carrying guns.
Yuman

JonasSalk

Quote from: garbon on December 11, 2011, 11:47:49 PMI don't really see the point.

That's cool. A lot of people don't want to for various reasons. I approve of your choice.
Yuman

JonasSalk

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 12, 2011, 01:16:48 AMThe place I went to also had a couple M1 Garands for sale.  Soooo tempting.

http://www.odcmp.com/Sales/rifles.htm

Join your local shooting club (a list of approved clubs can be found on this site) and you can get Garands for relatively cheap. I got one as a gift from my uncle a few years back and I love it. I have a Korean War-era mix-and-match, but it still performs great. The "ping" from the en bloc clip flying out is always a delicious sound.
Yuman

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Rasputin

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 10, 2011, 06:28:42 PM
Are you gangsters strapped all the time, or are there certain places you carry and others you don't?

I have a walther ppk in my glove box

I have a shotgun in the house (my 13 year old son has one as well)

Ive got a browning high power in my night stand and when needed in my brief case

if i need to carry concealed i use the walther

i also have a colt 25 but im not sure that i could actually kill a person with it so its just a toy
Who is John Galt?

JonasSalk

Aren't you a Brit? I don't think we sold them to you guys, sadly. Even if we did, can you guys fire semi-autos at your local ranges/clubs larger than .22s? My knowledge of British gun laws isn't the best, but I seem to remember that basically everything is kept under lock and key at your local clubs and only small-caliber stuff is allowed.
Yuman

Rasputin

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 10, 2011, 06:20:11 PM
Quote from: Caliga on December 10, 2011, 06:18:31 PM
For concealed carry. :huh:

What are the negative repercussions if your concealed carry is less than perfectly concealed?

in florida thats a crime
Who is John Galt?