American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Caliga on December 10, 2011, 06:03:14 PM
Quote from: DGuller on December 10, 2011, 05:21:36 PM
What's there to learn?  I thought all you have to know is that before you fire, you take your safety off, look into the barrel to make sure the round is chambered, point, and fire?
:lol:

Too easy.  :lmfao:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 10, 2011, 06:20:11 PM
What are the negative repercussions if your concealed carry is less than perfectly concealed?
It's really more about comfort than actual concealment in a state like Kentucky that permits open carry.

Right now I've got a stripped Glock 26 sitting on my desk (I was actually about to clean it) and if you put it next to a Glock 19, there's a significant size difference.  Although the 19 is "compact" (as compared to the 17), I don't think I would want to try to carry it concealed.  OTOH, the 26 is definitely easily concealed, but too tiny for me to comfortably shoot.  So, unless you're a midget it can be a bit of a challenge finding a gun you can comfortably shoot AND comfortably carry.  The Bersa Thunder I'm sure I could easily carry concealed, but I've never shot, and also I don't want to have to keep around a bunch of different kinds of ammo.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Mr rikey the 26 for CC purposes. It replaced the PPK and .38 I had used before.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Are you gangsters strapped all the time, or are there certain places you carry and others you don't?

11B4V

Quote from: Caliga on December 10, 2011, 06:24:26 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 10, 2011, 06:20:11 PM
What are the negative repercussions if your concealed carry is less than perfectly concealed?
It's really more about comfort than actual concealment in a state like Kentucky that permits open carry.

Right now I've got a stripped Glock 26 sitting on my desk (I was actually about to clean it) and if you put it next to a Glock 19, there's a significant size difference.  Although the 19 is "compact" (as compared to the 17), I don't think I would want to try to carry it concealed.  OTOH, the 26 is definitely easily concealed, but too tiny for me to comfortably shoot.  So, unless you're a midget it can be a bit of a challenge finding a gun you can comfortably shoot AND comfortably carry.  The Bersa Thunder I'm sure I could easily carry concealed, but I've never shot, and also I don't want to have to keep around a bunch of different kinds of ammo.

For sure. What Cal said.

Yi, there are all kinds of options out there.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 10, 2011, 06:28:42 PM
Are you gangsters strapped all the time, or are there certain places you carry and others you don't?

Depends.

Caliga

Yi, I don't have a Kentucky CCDW (yet), so I legally can't carry concealed at all.  After I get a suitable piece (which started this subtopic of conversation) I'll apply for one.  I doubt I'll carry most of the time though... generally I don't feel the need to.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 10, 2011, 06:28:42 PM

Federal and state buildings, no.

Sign on the store door says no guns, then no.

Otherwise yes.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 10, 2011, 06:18:04 PM
What's the point of concealability?

Not to draw attention to me. Esp. here in washington state.

Ed Anger

I should get a My Little Pony themed rifle.

11B4V

Ed Anger

Tonitrus

Quote from: 11B4V on December 10, 2011, 06:34:52 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 10, 2011, 06:18:04 PM
What's the point of concealability?

Not to draw attention to me. Esp. here in washington state.

This.

Unless you live Alaska, carrying guns around tends to alarm people.

And even in Alaska, you don't often see people out and about with firearms in Anchorage.  Of course, in Alaska, you don't even need a permit to carry concealed.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus