American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jaron on December 10, 2011, 02:14:47 PM
I'm thinking of buying a gun. It is almost a necessary social grace in Utah.

If you have no real experience with guns, I hope you take a class first J-Dawg.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Just watch The Deer Hunter and do whatever Fredo Corleone does.

Jaron

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 10, 2011, 02:47:58 PM

Yeah, I should do that.

Winner of THE grumbler point.

DGuller

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 10, 2011, 02:13:55 PM
I went to Bill Goodman's Gun and Knife show this morning for a bit. All I know is DG would wet his pants in there.

Almost pulled the trigger on a sweet Saiga-12, but the shopkeeper didn't fall for my Jedi jew negotiation powers. I also came close to buying an SS Das Reich shirt, just for giggles.
:huh: I don't think I shared my pant-wetting experiences on Languish. :unsure:

DGuller

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 10, 2011, 02:47:58 PM

What's there to learn?  I thought all you have to know is that before you fire, you take your safety off, look into the barrel to make sure the round is chambered, point, and fire?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on December 10, 2011, 05:24:54 PM
Gun safety, gun maintenance, etc.

Yeah, it's probably a good idea to learn how to properly clean, oil, and store a firearm.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Caliga on December 10, 2011, 08:56:33 AM
:hmm:

Anyone know anything about the FN FNX-9?

I have the Browning Pro-9. I dont know how simular it is to the FNX-9. It is an excellent pistol and the one I usually conceal carry. The Pro-9 is essentially the copy of the FNP-9.

There are some you tube reviews of the FNX.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on December 10, 2011, 05:21:36 PM
What's there to learn?  I thought all you have to know is that before you fire, you take your safety off, look into the barrel to make sure the round is chambered, point, and fire?
:lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: 11B4V on December 10, 2011, 06:02:51 PM
I have the Browning Pro-9. I dont know how simular it is to the FNX-9. It is an excellent pistol and the one I usually conceal carry. The Pro-9 is essentially the copy of the FNP-9.

Yeah, I've seen some, but inevitably they're by some guy who owns it and therefore thinks it's OSSUM.  Good way to get an idea how big the gun is, etc. though.

I was looking at a couple of other guns in the same class earlier: Springfield XD(M) (really a Croatian import), CZ-85B, and the Ruger SR9c.  Apparently Taurus has an interesting line now called the 24/7 I'll have to look in to.  My father in law has a Bersa Thunder 380 for conceal carry, and it's really neat (clone of the PPK) but I want something in 9mm.

11B4V

Quote from: Caliga on December 10, 2011, 06:06:42 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 10, 2011, 06:02:51 PM

Yeah, I've seen some, but inevitably they're by some guy who owns it and therefore thinks it's OSSUM.  Good way to get an idea how big the gun is, etc. though.

I was looking at a couple of other guns in the same class earlier: Springfield XD(M) (really a Croatian import), CZ-85B, and the Ruger SR9c.  Apparently Taurus has an interesting line now called the 24/7 I'll have to look in to.  My father in law has a Bersa Thunder 380 for conceal carry, and it's really neat (clone of the PPK) but I want something in 9mm.

CZ is good quality. I own two rifles made by them in 7x64 and a 6.5x55 Swedish. Cant go wrong with CZ IMO.

I own the Bersa Thunder 380. Very workable and concealable.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Caliga

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on December 10, 2011, 06:18:31 PM
For concealed carry. :huh:

What are the negative repercussions if your concealed carry is less than perfectly concealed?

Maximus