American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Hey Ed, thinking about buying my first handgun in 20 years.  :lol: Probably going with the Walther PPK.  If I get this gig I interviewed for, I'll be carrying at work.

Dad gave me his Glock 27 :bleeding: and I'll always have my S&W snubbies; but as I get older I want to get something comfier and the PPK feels just right, especially in a suit.

Ed Anger

11B4V

Elegant choice. PPK is a classy pistol.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 29, 2017, 08:44:06 PM
Is that seriously the same chick?  :lol:

Yep. Dana Loesch. If I spelled that right.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on June 29, 2017, 08:41:50 PM

Dad says I don't get my birthright, his .38 Colt Cobra, until he dies.  Fucking thing's older than I am. :lol:

Ed Anger

My dad won't part with his Colt Python. So I got a Ruger LCR.

NOT THE SAME

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 29, 2017, 09:12:17 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 29, 2017, 08:41:50 PM

Dad says I don't get my birthright, his .38 Colt Cobra, until he dies.  Fucking thing's older than I am. :lol:

Snubbies say I'm not afraid to get close and personal. ;)
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tonitrus

11B4V

Better late than never I guess.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/miami-judge-rules-floridas-new-stand-your-ground-law-is-unconstitutional/ar-BBDFVMh?OCID=ansmsnnews11

MIAMI — Florida's updated "Stand Your Ground" self-defense law is unconstitutional, a Miami judge ruled on Monday.

Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Milton Hirsch ruled that lawmakers overstepped their authority in creating the law this year that forces prosecutors to disprove a defendant's self-defense claim at a pre-trial hearing.

The judge ruled that under Florida's constitution, that change should have been crafted by the Florida Supreme Court, not the Legislature.

"As a matter of constitutional separation of powers, that procedure cannot be legislatively modified," Hirsch wrote in a 14-page order.

The ruling is a victory for prosecutors who have firmly opposed the law they believe makes it easier for defendants to get away with murder and other violent crime.

CountDeMoney

And that's going to change things how exactly?

Tonitrus

Quote from: 11B4V on July 03, 2017, 06:00:18 PM

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/miami-judge-rules-floridas-new-stand-your-ground-law-is-unconstitutional/ar-BBDFVMh?OCID=ansmsnnews11

MIAMI — Florida's updated "Stand Your Ground" self-defense law is unconstitutional, a Miami judge ruled on Monday.

Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Milton Hirsch ruled that lawmakers overstepped their authority in creating the law this year that forces prosecutors to disprove a defendant's self-defense claim at a pre-trial hearing.

The judge ruled that under Florida's constitution, that change should have been crafted by the Florida Supreme Court, not the Legislature.

"As a matter of constitutional separation of powers, that procedure cannot be legislatively modified," Hirsch wrote in a 14-page order.

The ruling is a victory for prosecutors who have firmly opposed the law they believe makes it easier for defendants to get away with murder and other violent crime.

Putting aside the issue on struck-down law...having judges decide what falls under separation of powers sounds like an unsound way to determine separation of powers. :hmm:

dps

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 03, 2017, 06:29:30 PM

Putting aside the issue on struck-down law...having judges decide what falls under separation of powers sounds like an unsound way to determine separation of powers. :hmm:

Beyond that, I'm not sure how it's a separation of power issue, anyway, but I've never even seen a copy of the Florida constitution, so who knows?

Malthus

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 03, 2017, 06:29:30 PM

Uh, who exactly ought to decide a separation of powers issue?  :hmm:

If you don't like that, you will love this: if a litigant before a court thinks the judge is biased or in a conflict of interest, they must bring a motion before - that same judge - to decide.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius