News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Finnished up the Remington M700. Put a new trigger and dropped it in a B&C Alaskan Ti stock.

Just shipped this 1926 Polish Small Ring M98 barreled action to ER Shaw Custom barrels. It will get a new barrel put on in 6.5x55 Swedish. The trigger guard will be used as a paperweight. I have a much nicer one on hand.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

merithyn

Quote from: Barrister on February 01, 2013, 02:41:04 PM

You forgot the next part - dress the deer. :x :x

I didn't forget. :)

Not a problem for me. I've dressed lots o' animals. A deer is just a little bigger than I'm used to, but I can't imagine it being all that much worse than a pig or a goat.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

The Brain

Quote from: merithyn on February 01, 2013, 03:08:10 PM
A deer is just a little bigger than I'm used to, but I can't imagine it being all that much worse than a pig or a goat.

This.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Quote from: 11B4V on February 01, 2013, 03:07:15 PM
Finnished up the Remington M700. Put a new trigger and dropped it in a B&C Alaskan Ti stock.

Just shipped this 1926 Polish Small Ring M98 barreled action to ER Shaw Custom barrels. It will get a new barrel put on in 6.5x55 Swedish. The trigger guard will be used as a paperweight. I have a much nicer one on hand.

Nice. Trigger guards/mag floorplates seem to have taken the most abuse on those old rifles.  I have a couple Turk Mauser receivers I put away for projects. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: merithyn on February 01, 2013, 03:08:10 PM
Quote from: Barrister on February 01, 2013, 02:41:04 PM

You forgot the next part - dress the deer. :x :x

I didn't forget. :)

Not a problem for me. I've dressed lots o' animals. A deer is just a little bigger than I'm used to, but I can't imagine it being all that much worse than a pig or a goat.

Fair enough. :)

I'd like to hunt.  I think I could probably manage the shooting part, but I'd be lost at how to dress it (and a little bit grossed out).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on February 01, 2013, 03:19:31 PM

Nice. Trigger guards/mag floorplates seem to have taken the most abuse on those old rifles.  I have a couple Turk Mauser receivers I put away for projects.

Mauser barrels are among the easiest to replace. Excellent basis for a hunting rifle with the controlled round feed.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

My ammo haul today:

which contained 2 cans of this:

each of which contained 440 rounds of 1970s vintage Bulgarian 7.62x54R that looks like it was made yesterday:

I also got the 1080 rounds of Russian surplus 5.45x39:

And that was about the only cheaply-priced ammo on the market today.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

11B4V

Scipio

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 30, 2013, 07:59:02 PM
Quote from: citizen k on January 30, 2013, 07:49:42 PM
Quote from: Scipio on January 30, 2013, 07:31:14 PM
Lots of gang-related shootings in the 'burg.

What gang are you in?

Mississippi Bar Association.
We don't roll as hard as those fuckers in Accounts Payable, but we're pretty hardcore.  And we've got a built-in lobby.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

MadBurgerMaker

Obama is left handed?

E: his watch is on his left wrist though. Weirdo.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 02, 2013, 11:35:48 PM
Obama is left handed?

<_<  I wear my watches on my left hand as well. 

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 02, 2013, 11:44:10 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 02, 2013, 11:35:48 PM
Obama is left handed?

<_<  I wear my watches on my left hand as well.

RH and watch on my right hand...... :blurgh:

MadBurgerMaker

Watch goes on your opposite wrist, plebs.  :angry: