News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New Reboot of Battlestar Galactica

Started by jimmy olsen, October 23, 2011, 12:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

A Town Called Eureka has been a little show. I don't think I'd say fun.
██████
██████
██████

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: grumbler on October 25, 2011, 06:38:38 AM

As an aside, the new B5 would have been based on the old story, but have completely new characters and story arcs.  JMS said he would get some of the old cast back in guest roles (like Bruce Boxleitner as the Earth Alliance president that gets assassinated, maybe) but there would be no reprising old roles, and no old roles to reprise.

I'd rather see him do something completely new, if similar to B5 thematically, than that.
Not saying that it would be bad, but that we've seen B5 already and it's great.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Crazy_Ivan80

a series on the Night's Dawn Trilogy might be nice.
Galaxy spanning, zombies, aliens, spacebattles, groundbattles, jungles, megacities, al Capone, sex

crazy canuck

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 25, 2011, 10:33:43 AM

As an aside, the new B5 would have been based on the old story, but have completely new characters and story arcs.  JMS said he would get some of the old cast back in guest roles (like Bruce Boxleitner as the Earth Alliance president that gets assassinated, maybe) but there would be no reprising old roles, and no old roles to reprise.

I'd rather see him do something completely new, if similar to B5 thematically, than that.

I would be happy with whatever he did.

I would be even more happy if others tried to emulate him.

viper37

He had full creative control, a $2 million-an-episode budget, and a full 24-episode order.  This was going to be for a new distribution system WB was launching in collaboration with several cable providers.  It was the distribution part of the new venture that broke down, not the content part.

Would have been nice.  Hopefully, it's something that will work in the future :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

grumbler

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 25, 2011, 10:33:43 AM
Agree, and to some extent I think he would agree as well.  The problem is getting people tom fund stuff, and, as I noted, it seems getting remakes funded is easier.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Faeelin on October 25, 2011, 07:50:12 AM
I don't see why that's true. Eureka's been a fun little show for four seasons in the same little town, and plenty of mainstream shows are set in modern day New York, or suburbia.
We are talking space opera here, though.  Other genres do quite well with limited casting (Death and the Maiden had a cast of three, and was excellent).  For Space Opera, the BSG 'verse just seems too constrained, to me.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!