And we're back!

Main Menu

Breaking News - US Out of Iraq by Dec 31st

Started by Jacob, October 21, 2011, 04:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on October 22, 2011, 06:01:43 AM
Quote from: merithyn on October 21, 2011, 10:34:32 PM
Especially since it seems that lately he's grown a backbone and started putting his foot down on some things.

Like his job bill which is coming to pieces? :lol:
I always thought that the intent of the jobs bill was for it to fail, not for it to pass.  Surely even Obama at this point must know that Republicans will not pass any economic agenda that he proposes.

Faeelin

While I'm not sure if this is a good idea, I'm going to trust the man who's presidency saw the execution of Osama Bin laden and Gaddafi.

Neil

Quote from: Faeelin on October 22, 2011, 10:29:40 AM
While I'm not sure if this is a good idea, I'm going to trust the man who's presidency saw the execution of Osama Bin laden and Gaddafi.
Why does the downfall of those two give you trust in Obama?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

this needs a "did we win?" poll
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Sheilbh

You've got no choice and Obama had no choice.  I argued during the election that on Iraq McCain and Obama would effectively have the same policy: the SOFA Bush negotiated.  I've seen no indication the Iraqis want you to stay.  It'd be disappointing if lefties were to praise Obama for this.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Neil on October 22, 2011, 10:49:40 AM
Why does the downfall of those two give you trust in Obama?

Bitches be tripping.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on October 22, 2011, 10:14:42 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 22, 2011, 06:01:43 AM
Quote from: merithyn on October 21, 2011, 10:34:32 PM
Especially since it seems that lately he's grown a backbone and started putting his foot down on some things.

Like his job bill which is coming to pieces? :lol:
I always thought that the intent of the jobs bill was for it to fail, not for it to pass.  Surely even Obama at this point must know that Republicans will not pass any economic agenda that he proposes.

Agreed - I'm simply not convinced that it was a good powerplay, as in the Republicans really fucked up America and didn't let me fix it.  I'm not really sure where one goes with such a negative strategy once one has established and inability to get one's own party to tow the line.  So what, the Republicans suck - how are you going to do better in your next term?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 22, 2011, 07:10:25 PM
You've got no choice and Obama had no choice.  I argued during the election that on Iraq McCain and Obama would effectively have the same policy: the SOFA Bush negotiated.  I've seen no indication the Iraqis want you to stay.  It'd be disappointing if lefties were to praise Obama for this.

It is easy and gratifying for them to do so...so why not?

Sophie Scholl

And... now we have Karzai saying he'd back Pakistan over the US in a potential conflict.  Awesome. :rolleyes:
http://news.yahoo.com/afghanistan-back-pakistan-wars-u-karzai-023316217.html
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Neil

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on October 23, 2011, 01:38:56 AM
And... now we have Karzai saying he'd back Pakistan over the US in a potential conflict.  Awesome. :rolleyes:
It's easy for him to say because he knows that won't happen.  Pakistan can never get into a serious conflict with the US because that would leave them defenceless against India.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on October 23, 2011, 01:38:56 AM

He knows NATO will leave soon.  He's just kissing up to the new boss.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on October 23, 2011, 12:23:34 AMIt is easy and gratifying for them to do so...so why not?
Because it's nonsense :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

merithyn

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 22, 2011, 07:10:25 PM

Given that the righties are saying it's a bad idea and denigrating Obama for it, why shouldn't he take credit for it? I mean, if he's going to get the blame, he may as well get the praise, too, right?

Personally, I'm so sick to death of the Us/Them political system we live in. I have always been an independent, but now I revel in that "party". I don't want to identify with either the Democrats or the Republicans, and I just wish that one or two more significant parties could grow enough to seriously undermine both. It seems impossible for that to happen but a girl can dream.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...