And we're back!

Main Menu

Best city builder

Started by Josquius, October 22, 2011, 11:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Thoughs?
Still Sim City 4?
I'm tried Cities XL and...yeah. Not so great.
██████
██████
██████

sbr

szmik

Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Crazy_Ivan80

simcity 4 upgraded with the NAM, the CAM, the RHW and what not.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

I can't figure out how to play Dwarf Fortress.
PDH!

Tamas

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 23, 2011, 09:33:55 AM
I can't figure out how to play Dwarf Fortress.

Congrats! Apparently, you have a life!

Solmyr

It's not hard once you get the basic stuff down. :huh:

Scipio

My vote is for Pharaoh or Caesar III.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

garbon

Quote from: Solmyr on October 23, 2011, 10:40:41 AM

Yeah but unfortunately that makes it not for casual pickup later as one is likely to forgot the controls/interface by one's next play.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

Quote from: garbon on October 23, 2011, 11:22:10 AM

Yeah but unfortunately that makes it not for casual pickup later as one is likely to forgot the controls/interface by one's next play.

Eh. I have had breaks in playing DF for almost a year (and a new version to boot) and had no problem remembering the controls.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Seriously.  I learned by watching YouTube videos.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

I just read the wiki, it spells out things pretty well. Also using a graphic set helped with determining what the fuck everything is.