Main Menu

Best city builder

Started by Josquius, October 22, 2011, 11:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Scipio on October 23, 2011, 10:51:41 AM
My vote is for Pharaoh or Caesar III.

Pharaoh was my favorite.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

What's the best city builder without any sci-fi shit?

HisMajestyBOB

Are there any good city builders with sci-fi shit?  :huh:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Grallon

Quote from: Scipio on October 23, 2011, 10:51:41 AM
My vote is for Pharaoh or Caesar III.

:thumbsup:

I haven't played Pharaoh in so long - I think I'll dig up a copy and install it.  In the same vein there was also 'Emperor" (Chinese theme) and Zeus (Greek theme).

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Pedrito

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on October 23, 2011, 06:41:37 AM
simcity 4 upgraded with the NAM, the CAM, the RHW and what not.
Seconded, it still is the best out there.

Zeus and the Poseidon expansion were good, too, and Tropico was fun.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

HisMajestyBOB

I reinstalled SC4 recently. Now I just need to figure out how to get a bunch of the neat new buildings added in easily.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Ed Anger

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 24, 2011, 11:22:10 AM

Not exactly a city builder, but I enjoyed Startopia wile high on painkillers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftqGpsXQZeI
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 25, 2011, 04:22:42 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 24, 2011, 11:22:10 AM

Not exactly a city builder, but I enjoyed Startopia wile high on painkillers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftqGpsXQZeI

Clearly you were high on painkillers. That shit gets old fast.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Rex Francorum

Cities XL 2012 was that bad?
To rent

Josquius

it wasn't awful but it was very simplistic. Lots of filling your town with skate parks and that kinda thing
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on October 29, 2011, 03:26:47 AM
it wasn't awful but it was very simplistic. Lots of filling your town with skate parks and that kinda thing

Why would you want to do such a terrible thing?  Fill your town with skate parks?  That has a strong chance of attracting skaters.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 29, 2011, 04:15:14 PM
And hipsters.

Hmmm.  You could build all the coffee shops, skate parks, and quirky used bookstores in one area, then wall it off.  Then press one of those disaster buttons and have a tornado or Godzilla attack.

KRonn

I liked the Caesar games, and the ones that came after by the same company - Pharoah, Chinese city builder. Pharoah and Caesar were my favorites.

Syt

I wanted to like all those Roman city builders, but they insist throwing in a war element. If I wanted that I'd play R:TW.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.