Do you use public transport to get around on a daily basis?

Started by Martinus, October 22, 2011, 11:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you use public transport to get around on a daily basis?

Yes (and I don't own a car)
9 (24.3%)
Yes (and I own a car)
4 (10.8%)
No (I use a car)
18 (48.6%)
No (I use taxis)
0 (0%)
No (I mainly walk)
4 (10.8%)
No, I don't leave my basement (Raz option)
1 (2.7%)
No (other reason)
1 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Martinus

Syt

Yeah, but the public transit system in Vienna is one of the best for a city its size.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Day to day no, work is 10 minutes bike ride away.
When I go outside the city though usually yes.
██████
██████
██████

Iormlund

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zanza

Yes, but I consider getting a car when my annual ticket runs out because my new place of work isn't reached as conveniently with public transport as my previous place of work was.

PDH

Since I live in likely the only city in Wyoming that has public transportation throughout the main parts of the city, I could.  But, since I am an American I don't.  Public transportation is for communists/fascists/hippies/losers.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Also, isn't this the kijillionth pubic transportation thread?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

Since I only live in properly organised cities, I do use public transport.

Richard Hakluyt

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Barrister

Where's the option for what I do - the Park n' Ride?  I drive to the nearby LRT station, then take the train from there?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on October 22, 2011, 01:48:45 PM
Where's the option for what I do - the Park n' Ride?  I drive to the nearby LRT station, then take the train from there?

Yes (and I own a car)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.