News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who actually is in for Star Wars?

Started by Berkut, October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

My review of the collector's edition: horribly overpriced, but what's life without indulgences? :P

The Darth Malgus statue is really nice (by Gentle Giant) and is definitely not the overhyped cheap "statue" crap advertised with some games. The "Diary of Master Gnost-Duraal" is basically a print version of the major timeline points from the web page. It comes with two few fold out maps (Jedi Temple and a shield generator) and an excerpt of the Treaty of Coruscant. The book also contains artworks. 100+ pages, but nothing too fancy.

There's the soundtrack CD which I haven't checked out yet - though I will rip it sooner rather than later, I guess. I love the TOR soundtrack - it's a "best of" from the movies, KotOR1+2, plus new material (and quite a few cantina songs that may or may not be your cup of tea).

Then there's the security token (like you have for some online banking apps), though I'm not sure I'm going to use that one.

The CE items are a twi'lek holodancer (fluff), a small mouse droid pet (fluff), a flare gun (fluff), the VIP bracelet for the special place at the fleet (not checked yet), the STAP vehicle (need to be level 25 to use) and the black general pre-order crystal (Endurance +4 mod for weapons).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Berkut on December 15, 2011, 11:05:00 PM
Ive' registered my pre-order key and have not gotten an email invite.

You and me, Berk. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on December 16, 2011, 02:38:16 AM
Quote from: Berkut on December 15, 2011, 11:05:00 PM
Ive' registered my pre-order key and have not gotten an email invite.

You and me, Berk. :(

same here :( But I really SHOULD get in this afternoon, a couple of Hungarians who registered in the first days of this month got in last night.

Arvoreen

I started yesterday also...currently on Kaas City server, Republic trooper

Barrister

Quote from: Arvoreen on December 16, 2011, 08:38:06 AM
I started yesterday also...currently on Kaas City server, Republic trooper

I'm liking the trooper storyline.  Something about being a lowly grunt, just trying to serve the Republic as you know best, appeals to me. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Quote from: Syt on December 13, 2011, 04:57:00 PM
My companion reminds me a lot of Mission Vaio from KotOR1.

And checking IMDB they're the same voice actress (she also does Padmé Amidala on Clone Wars).

How exactly do you get yourself typecast for "spunky twi'lek girl in Star Wars games"?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Man you have to be hot even to be a voice actress these days.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on December 16, 2011, 09:58:28 AM
Man you have to be hot even to be a voice actress these days.

We're turning into Japan :(
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Berkut

Quote from: katmai on December 03, 2011, 11:16:53 PM
Quote from: Berkut on December 03, 2011, 03:29:19 PM
If Kat can get me in to their guild, I would play on a PvE server.

Can anyone log in now? The play button on the launcher is not active for me right now for some reason.

I can get you in no problem.
Nope only people who can play atm were those invited for last beta weekend.

The guild has been all setup and just waiting to get email about which east coast server we will be on, will let you know as soon as i do.

Liar!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Did Katmai say what server they were on?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Quote from: Berkut on December 16, 2011, 02:05:01 PM
Did Katmai say what server they were on?
Only through PM's.

We are on Kaas City, on Sith/Imperial side.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

Kat I finally got my early access code so I expect to roll a toon  tonight.  My bro is already on there and I think I pmed you his name so throw an invite his way plz :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on December 16, 2011, 02:14:42 PM
Kat I finally got my early access code so I expect to roll a toon  tonight.  My bro is already on there and I think I pmed you his name so throw an invite his way plz :)
I'm not on yet, i got invite yesterday morning, but I'm still on location wrapping up filming of first season of this show.

I get back tomorrow and then have to dl'd the game client, so hope to be on tomorrow night or sun morning at latest.

But look for Neesha or Peno from guild and tell them you know Hartza from WoW if want to get in guild before I log on.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

There's an EU PVP server called "Legions of Lettow".  :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on December 16, 2011, 02:35:30 PM
There's an EU PVP server called "Legions of Lettow".  :lol:

It will immediately secede from the EU.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."