News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who actually is in for Star Wars?

Started by Berkut, October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonasSalk

*stab*

The price for the edition of Star Wars: The Old Republic you had pre-ordered, minus the $5/€5/£5 or $20/€20/£15 already charged at the time of pre-order.
Yuman

The Brain

Damn corporate fags ripping off their customers. Fuck them.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

So the only NAm types playing this game are Jonas, Cal and katmai?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Dammit! Got my email for early access this morning.
Can't use for two more days.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

JonasSalk

So apparently no more early access keys are being given out for people who pre-order from GameStop and shit. Wtf.
Yuman

Barrister

Quote from: JonasSalk on December 15, 2011, 02:28:05 PM
So apparently no more early access keys are being given out for people who pre-order from GameStop and shit. Wtf.

I don't have a problem with that.  It's 5 days before release.

So I rolled my toon on Helmet of Graush PVP server - Altaira, human female trooper.  What can I say - I like chicks with big guns.  :cool:  Only up to level 6 or so.

I'm conflicted what to do tonight - there's a Jets game on, but I also want to play this some more... :unsure:

Barrister

Tamas - sounds like they've pretty much invited everyone into the early game access at this point.

Also, they announced a 48 hour grace period to enter your retail key.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on December 15, 2011, 01:38:18 PM

Nope, Stonewall, Strix and lndhnd are all playing i think.

katmai

Well went and bought new rig as mine was 5 yrs old, hope what i got is future proofed for a while

JonasSalk

Meh, whatever. I work the next three days and I want to finish up a book, so I suppose I can wait until the 20th.
Yuman

Stonewall

Quote from: katmai on December 15, 2011, 07:20:18 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 15, 2011, 01:38:18 PM

Nope, Stonewall, Strix and lndhnd are all playing i think.

Lndhnd and I will be playing.  Just got me early access this evening, but have a 40 minute wait in queue for the server I wanted to play on.  We have some RL friends who will be playing as well.  Lndhnd is trying to talk Lemonjello into it as well.
"I'd just like to say that most of us begin life suckling on a breast. If we're lucky we end life suckling on a breast. So anybody who's against breasts is against life itself."

Barrister

Bah.  Helm of Garrosh has a 45 min + queue.

I wonder if the queues are somewhat artificial, to encourage re-rolling to split up the populations.

Berkut

Ive' registered my pre-order key and have not gotten an email invite.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

When I logged into Trask Ulgo yesterday I got in immediately, though when I logged out four hours later and checked the server status on SWTOR.com it said "Full".

Barrister, we were both right, though - the number on top left is total players, but the maps are still instanced as I noticed when I wanted to group with a guy from the Wargamer forums - I had to switch instances for that.

Was fun grouping, though. He's a bounty hunter (dps), and has a healing companion. My juggernaut is a tank (though I still lack any decent aggro builders ... which is ok, because I don't have much survivability when drawing several elite mobs at level 13 :P ), and my companion also dps. It's a bit like a mini group, though obviously player characters instead of companions would be much more effective.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.