News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who actually is in for Star Wars?

Started by Berkut, October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

My CE has been shipped, so I should have it till the end of the week. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Well I received my email about early access. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

Barrister

Tamas

Quote from: Barrister on December 14, 2011, 12:32:25 PM
Quote from: Tamas on December 14, 2011, 12:31:37 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 14, 2011, 11:29:12 AM
Well I received my email about early access. :)

:mad:

Your tears are delicious.   :licklips:

lol I just checked that I preordered and entered my code on the 10th December, a whooping 4 days ago. So I'll probably gain entry Monday morning. :P

Richard Hakluyt

I'm going to order the game in January, by then all the elites will have hit the level cap and I can enjoy the starting areas without their knobbery  :P

Syt

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on December 15, 2011, 04:17:31 AM
I'm going to order the game in January, by then all the elites will have hit the level cap and I can enjoy the starting areas without their knobbery  :P

That was actually nice about the early access on Tuesday - the n00b zone was busy but not overcrowded. It was easy to find someone for group quests, but you didn't have to stand in line for some of the quest mobs (as happened during the Thanksgiving beta weekend).

Obviously, my perception is a very small snippet from all the servers. :P

My package just arrived, but I know better than to unpack it at the office. If someone asks it's expansions for the boardgame Last Night On Earth:blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Richard Hakluyt

Yes, staggered access makes sense in some ways.

I really hate it when you have to form an orderly queue to combat some menace...............very immersion destroying.

Barrister

Yeah the noob zones had the right amount of people in them - however they're all instanced.  At times I would glance over to the corner of the screen and notice there were over 100 instances of the noob zone going on at the same time.

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on December 15, 2011, 09:50:46 AM
Yeah the noob zones had the right amount of people in them - however they're all instanced.  At times I would glance over to the corner of the screen and notice there were over 100 instances of the noob zone going on at the same time.

I thought that's people online in that area?
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

I thought instances were great at first, particularly for dungeons, but sometimes I do miss the EQ days where everybody shared the zone.  It did make dark dungeons a bit surreal as it more resembled walking through a mob killing facility than a temple of evil.  But that was sorta charming in retrospect.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on December 15, 2011, 11:15:46 AM
I thought instances were great at first, particularly for dungeons, but sometimes I do miss the EQ days where everybody shared the zone.  It did make dark dungeons a bit surreal as it more resembled walking through a mob killing facility than a temple of evil.  But that was sorta charming in retrospect.

That's just nostalgia talking because in fact it really sucked.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 15, 2011, 11:37:05 AM
That's just nostalgia talking because in fact it really sucked.

I don't know.  That is practically the only thing about EQ, the community aspect of seeing everybody else out there and really getting to know them, that didn't really suck.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

JonasSalk

Dunno if we settled this, but this does:

http://www.swtor.com/preorder/faq

At the time of pre-order purchase: $5/€5/£5 (for Standard Edition or Digital Deluxe Edition) or $20/€20/£15 (for Collector's Edition) at the time of pre-order, for which you will receive the Pre-Order Code that entitles you to the pre-order offers, including Early Game Access and an exclusive pre-order in-game Color Stone.

At the time the full purchase of your official Game is fulfilled: The price for the edition of Star Wars: The Old Republic you had pre-ordered, minus the $5/€5/£5 or $20/€20/£15 already charged at the time of pre-order.
Yuman

The Brain

OK so it's a fee IN ADDITION to the game price.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.