News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Central Japan glows?

Started by Habsburg, October 18, 2011, 01:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habsburg

The patch of ground was one of more than 20 spots in and around the nation's capital that the citizens' group, and the respected nuclear research center they worked with, found were contaminated with potentially harmful levels of radioactive cesium.

It has been clear since the early days of the nuclear accident, the world's second worst after Chernobyl, that that the vagaries of wind and rain had scattered worrisome amounts of radioactive materials in unexpected patterns far outside the evacuation zone 12 miles around the stricken plant. But reports that substantial amounts of cesium had accumulated as far away as Tokyo have raised new concerns about how far the contamination had spread, possibly settling in areas where the government has not even considered looking.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44916328

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

KRonn

Very much a worry for sure, but I'd have to think it's not too surprising or unexpected?

HVC

You kw what that means. Godzilla's a comin'
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Cecil

Back to the as radioactive as a banana arguement again? Because apparently thats what potentially harmful means these days acording to the press.