Every student wants a hot teacher, but this is pushing it.

Started by HVC, October 14, 2011, 01:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Most people now are still fucked up. At least the people in movies and tv(including "reality" tv) are.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 14, 2011, 04:41:31 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on October 14, 2011, 04:20:50 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 14, 2011, 04:02:43 PM
Those kids are gonna be scarred for life.

There was a time that public executions (including by burning) was a public spectacle. Some may be scarred, but I think people have a bit more mental fortitude than you give them credit for.
Most people back then were fucked up because of the horrible things they saw and hard lives they lead.

So you're saying they had a good reason to be fucked up.  Then what's your excuse?

Maybe it's a generational thing, but back when I was in school, we had some teachers we would have supplied gasoline and matches to if we had known that they wanted to set themselves on fire.

Razgovory

It's not so bad.  I had a Kindergarten teacher who was like some Nation of Islam crazy.  Told me everyday who I was evil because I was born white..  I don't seem to be to adversely harmed.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: dps on October 14, 2011, 04:55:56 PM

There was a time that public executions (including by burning) was a public spectacle. Some may be scarred, but I think people have a bit more mental fortitude than you give them credit for.
Most people back then were fucked up because of the horrible things they saw and hard lives they lead.

So you're saying they had a good reason to be fucked up.  Then what's your excuse?

Don't turn this into a flame war.
PDH!

jimmy olsen

So you're saying they had a good reason to be fucked up. Then what's your excuse?

Maybe it's a generational thing, but back when I was in school, we had some teachers we would have supplied gasoline and matches to if we had known that they wanted to set themselves on fire.

:rolleyes:

Complete Bullshit.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 14, 2011, 10:00:38 PM

So you're saying they had a good reason to be fucked up. Then what's your excuse?

Complete Bullshit.

Fuck you, loser.  You weren't there, you don't know shit about it.  Heck, you barely know shit about stuff you wre around for.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: dps on October 14, 2011, 10:02:10 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 14, 2011, 10:00:38 PM

Complete Bullshit.

Fuck you, loser.  You weren't there, you don't know shit about it.  Heck, you barely know shit about stuff you wre around for.

Very mature. :rolleyes:

Unless I missed something even the homicidal mountain tribes of West Virginia frowned upon the immolation of public school teachers. Even in the 1970s or whenever you went to school.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Damn, Deep.  What got into you? :console:

Deck the halls with gas-o-li-ine, fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la...

Anyway, it's interesting to note the correlation of a possibly increasing incidence of mental illness and lack of exposure blood-curdling real-life violence. :hmm:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Gaius Marius

Quote from: Ideologue on October 14, 2011, 10:06:28 PM
Damn, Deep.  What got into you? :console:

Deck the halls with gas-o-li-ine, fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la...

Anyway, it's interesting to note the correlation of a possibly increasing incidence of mental illness and lack of exposure blood-curdling real-life violence. :hmm:

If thats all it is, a dose of the 6 o'clock news usually provides all the real-life violence you could ever want to see.
First Man in Rome

Ideologue

That's not real-life violence.  That's edited and mediated.  Don't be ridiculous.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Martinus

Is there really an increasing incidence of mental illness?  :huh:

sbr

Quote from: Martinus on October 15, 2011, 02:03:45 AM

I doubt it, today's culture is more open, aware, and caring about it but I doubt there is a significant increase.

Ideologue

Quote from: Martinus on October 15, 2011, 02:03:45 AM

Possibly not, no.  It was just a joke.  There is certainly a higher incidence of diagnosed mental illness.  On the other hand, we're farther away than ever from the niche our psyches evolved to deal with.
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

QuoteVery mature.

Coming from a guy that posts Abe Lincoln riding a bear.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Anyway, I've never really liked hot teachers.  It's hard enough to pay attention to a lecture even if I don't want to fuck the Crim Pro instructor's brains out.  And that's why I took it with Edward Said's son instead.
Kinemalogue