News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 6

Started by derspiess, October 12, 2011, 12:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 18, 2011, 03:54:25 PM
For their 2012 1st round pick from the Raiders, the Bengals select...

"A block of cheese"

If that block of cheese can run for 4+ yards a carry against weak run defenses & can go at least 4 or 5 years without being arrested, it would be an upgrade over the current starting RB.   :ph34r:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

Palmer will be starting on Sunday against the Chiefs:  http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/32816334

They really don't like Kyle Boller.

jimmy olsen

Should I start Hasselbeck against the Texans or Palmer against the Chiefs?  :hmm:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 19, 2011, 01:01:08 PM
They really don't like Kyle Boller.
Well, they've spent a shitton on Carson, so feel they need to get him in there ASAP.  We'll see how well that works for them, but I'm guessing not that well.  Still, when you have a run game that potent, it helps a lot.

Still, it makes you wonder.  If the Raiders have no faith whatsoever in Boller, he probably shouldn't be on the team.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 19, 2011, 02:30:20 PM
Quote from: Alcibiades on October 19, 2011, 02:04:14 PM
Hasselback
The Chiefs suck though.
Palmer doesn't know the offence and has been out of football.

But then again, we could be trying to trick you, because of your Brady-loving ways.  You never know.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

I like the fact that Harbaugh took responsibility for the coach vs. coach smackdown.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on October 19, 2011, 02:38:53 PM

I would have to think he'd have some familiarity with whatever offense Hue Jackson is running in Oakland, given the history the two have.  And I'm sure they'll start out with some simplified sets & plays for his first game.  Hell, it's against the Chiefs defense.  You could probably get away with running the same play the entire game.

Agree though that if they have that little faith in Boller he shouldn't be on the team.  Might as well grab some UFA QB and pay him the league minimum.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 19, 2011, 02:47:13 PM
I like the fact that Harbaugh took responsibility for the coach vs. coach smackdown.

Given that he started it, he certainly ought to.

jimmy olsen

Lol, Herm just called Romo's throw a "Fail Mary" :XD:

1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

I must confess I get Herm Edwards and Tony Dungy confused with each other-- until they start talking.  Herm's the kind of guy who would scare me even if he was yelling at the guy next to me, while Dungy makes me drowsy before he's finished with his first sentence.

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on October 19, 2011, 03:26:48 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 19, 2011, 02:38:53 PM
I would have to think he'd have some familiarity with whatever offense Hue Jackson is running in Oakland, given the history the two have.  And I'm sure they'll start out with some simplified sets & plays for his first game.  Hell, it's against the Chiefs defense.  You could probably get away with running the same play the entire game.

Agree though that if they have that little faith in Boller he shouldn't be on the team.  Might as well grab some UFA QB and pay him the league minimum.
Divisional games are always tougher though.  If it was Bengals vs. Chiefs I would say 'no worries', but Raiders is different.  Then again, I suppose the running game will help.

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on October 19, 2011, 03:59:45 PM
I must confess I get Herm Edwards and Tony Dungy confused with each other-- until they start talking.  Herm's the kind of guy who would scare me even if he was yelling at the guy next to me, while Dungy makes me drowsy before he's finished with his first sentence.
:lol:  Yeah, Tony makes me wonder sometimes if he's just constantly taking sedatives.

You know, I'm surprised that Herm isn't working at some level in football right now.

Ed Anger

Tony Dungy's holier than thou act annoys me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive