News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 6

Started by derspiess, October 12, 2011, 12:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Who the hell is Hernandez?

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 16, 2011, 06:17:14 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 16, 2011, 06:14:14 PM
Delay of game?  They get a second past when the playclock runs out, and the clock was a fraction of a second behind.  As soon as the two-minute warning hits, it's an automatic timeout.  If that's the one you're talking about, that's a good no-call.
Oh no, it's fine.  I'm cool with the playclock hitting zero with no fl...wait what? 
That's the system, and it's like that for every team in the league.  There's always an extra half-second to a second before the flag is thrown.
QuoteAgain:  No Raven whining about the refs anymore.   :sleep:  It's a good W for them, and I'm not about to say the missed calls would make a difference because there's no way to know, but STFU about the league fixing anything against the Ravens.
I reserve the right to complain about the refs, especially when the Ravens play the Steelers in Pittsburgh.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

sbr

Quote from: Neil on October 16, 2011, 06:23:54 PM
Delay of game?  They get a second past when the playclock runs out, and the clock was a fraction of a second behind.  As soon as the two-minute warning hits, it's an automatic timeout.  If that's the one you're talking about, that's a good no-call.
Oh no, it's fine.  I'm cool with the playclock hitting zero with no fl...wait what? 
That's the system, and it's like that for every team in the league.  There's always an extra half-second to a second before the flag is thrown.

Sort of.  According to Berkut the official in charge of watching the clock watches the clock hit zero then looks to see if the ball has been snapped.  If it hasn't a flag is thrown, so there can be a delay after the clock hits zero.

sbr

And Harbaugh is an ass, that is at least the second time I have seen him in a scuffle with another coach after a game.

Neil

Quote from: sbr on October 16, 2011, 06:42:57 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 16, 2011, 06:23:54 PM
Sort of.  According to Berkut the official in charge of watching the clock watches the clock hit zero then looks to see if the ball has been snapped.  If it hasn't a flag is thrown, so there can be a delay after the clock hits zero.
Yeah, that's how it works.  But by the time he's looked, the ref has already called the two minute warning.

derspiess

You guys lay off Tim.  Hernandez is an awesome tight end.

And he happens to be on my LFFL team.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: sbr on October 16, 2011, 06:44:36 PM
And Harbaugh is an ass, that is at least the second time I have seen him in a scuffle with another coach after a game.
Really?  Who was the other one?

sbr

Quote from: Neil on October 16, 2011, 06:46:12 PM
Quote from: sbr on October 16, 2011, 06:44:36 PM
Really?  Who was the other one?

Pete Carrol at USC.  It wasn't as bad as this one and scuffle might even be too strong a word but there was definetely an incident.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on October 16, 2011, 06:45:27 PM

Fantasy football is gay.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on October 16, 2011, 06:45:27 PM

Any time that Tim makes an appearance in a football thread, he must face total and complete degradation.  Patriotard assholes have no place in this world.

I think I got my game in LFFL.  Brandon Jacobs getting injured worked to my advantage.

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 16, 2011, 06:53:15 PM
Fantasy football is gay.
I dunno.  It was a lot more fun before the football media and the league put their whole marketing muscle behind it.  Now, I can't watch the NFL network without 6 dozen commercials for NFL.com fantasy football and they have whole shows about it.  And the funny thing is that any other kind of gambling, the NFL would come down like a ton of bricks.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on October 16, 2011, 07:01:53 PM
Fantasy football is gay.
I dunno.  It was a lot more fun before the football media and the league put their whole marketing muscle behind it.  Now, I can't watch the NFL network without 6 dozen commercials for NFL.com fantasy football and they have whole shows about it.  And the funny thing is that any other kind of gambling, the NFL would come down like a ton of bricks.

I've noticed that FF leads to bandwagoneering. And not watching a game for enjoyment, just watching the damn stat boxes.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 16, 2011, 07:05:50 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 16, 2011, 07:01:53 PM
Fantasy football is gay.
I've noticed that FF leads to bandwagoneering. And not watching a game for enjoyment, just watching the damn stat boxes.
Yeah, that's true.  NFL Red Zone owes it's existence to the fantasy craze.