News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 6

Started by derspiess, October 12, 2011, 12:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on October 16, 2011, 05:18:27 PM
Texans are doing really good attacking the run.

No problem.  Just throw bombs.

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 16, 2011, 05:19:44 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 16, 2011, 05:18:27 PM
Texans are doing really good attacking the run.

No problem.  Just throw bombs.
If Flacco can avoid getting sacked.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on October 16, 2011, 05:20:19 PM
If Flacco can avoid getting sacked.

He did a nice job on that 3rd down play.  Sure, it was an incompletion, but he avoided getting destroyed by the three guys who were coming for him, and all the bad things that come with that.

Some doctor on the Texans boards is saying those stretches Schaub is doing on the sidelines are for an injured back. 

Neil

I didn't like that call.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on October 16, 2011, 05:27:53 PM
I didn't like that call.

I don't either.  Holding while the ball is in the air should be PI, yes?  Normally I would say there's no need fuck with Jacoby's route since he won't run it and make the catch anyway, but he's actually having a pretty good game.

Nice play by Pollard there.  Foster should still have caught that.

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 16, 2011, 05:33:01 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 16, 2011, 05:27:53 PM
I didn't like that call.
Normally I would say there's no need fuck with Jacoby's route since he won't run it and make the catch anyway, but he's actually having a pretty good game.
I don't think that ball was catchable for him anyways, but what can you do.

Nice play by Pollard there.  That's a pretty big play.  Leach had a good first quarter too, but since then Houston has really been closing down on the run lanes.

MadBurgerMaker

Hm.  Dominique Barber, special teams guy, being carted off.  Wonder what happened to him.

MadBurgerMaker

That's a really good catch, but not a first down.

Edit:  Uh.  WTF.  Okay Ravens fans can never, ever cry about the refs again.  Hey nice delay of game too.

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 16, 2011, 05:58:52 PM
That's a really good catch, but not a first down.

Edit:  Uh.  WTF.  Ravens fans can never, ever cry about the refs again.
The result was right, but it looked to me like he got a toe down.  The one angle that was behind him showed his toe coming right close to the ground, and even though no turf chips got tossed up, it still looks like it's down.  All the other angles made it look like he stepped on Gorrer's foot.

The spot was total horseshit though.  No matter what, the right call was a turnover on downs, although I guess that the extra yards might have made a longer, harder field goal.  And those three points are basically the end of the game.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 16, 2011, 04:22:56 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 16, 2011, 04:21:24 PM
Well, that Houston line has really come together after all these years, hasn't it?  Remember when they were in the business of getting David Carr killed?

And they give up a sack.   :lol:

It was crazy seeing someone on another board make a comment about how he wishes his team had an OL like the Texans.  I still remember those commercials where it was Carr and the center out there all alone.

Doh.  Foster with the drop.
That sounds hilarious, what were they for?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on October 16, 2011, 06:06:11 PM
The result was right, but it looked to me like he got a toe down.  The one angle that was behind him showed his toe coming right close to the ground, and even though no turf chips got tossed up, it still looks like it's down.  All the other angles made it look like he stepped on Gorrer's foot.

The spot was total horseshit though.  No matter what, the right call was a turnover on downs, although I guess that the extra yards might have made a longer, harder field goal.  And those three points are basically the end of the game.

Also tack on another 5 for the delay of game that was absolutely ignored.  It's not changing the outcome, but no more bitching about the refs.

Edit:

QuoteThat sounds hilarious, what were they for?

I think they were ESPN commercials for....something.  It was like "Missing something!?" and there's Carr taking the snap from the center with no other Texans players on the screen.   Pretty funny commercial.  Maybe some sort of phone app or that bottom line ticker thing you can put on your computer.

There was another one for a Texas based grocery store (H-E-B) where Carr is just carrying all his groceries with no bags, with shit dropping everywhere, etc, because he "doesn't like sacks," or something similar.

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 16, 2011, 06:10:58 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 16, 2011, 06:06:11 PM

Also tack on another 5 for the delay of game that was absolutely ignored.  It's not changing the outcome, but no more bitching about the refs.
Delay of game?  They get a second past when the playclock runs out, and the clock was a fraction of a second behind.  As soon as the two-minute warning hits, it's an automatic timeout.  If that's the one you're talking about, that's a good no-call.

Neil

I thought that was a good game.  It was a real nailbiter right up to the last 6 minutes or so.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on October 16, 2011, 06:14:14 PM
Delay of game?  They get a second past when the playclock runs out, and the clock was a fraction of a second behind.  As soon as the two-minute warning hits, it's an automatic timeout.  If that's the one you're talking about, that's a good no-call.

Oh no, it's fine.  I'm cool with the playclock hitting zero with no fl...wait what? 

Again:  No Raven whining about the refs anymore.   :sleep:  It's a good W for them, and I'm not about to say the missed calls would make a difference because there's no way to know, but STFU about the league fixing anything against the Ravens.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point