News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Iranian plot thwarted

Started by Razgovory, October 11, 2011, 05:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

They are owed a punch in the balls for '79.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Habbaku

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 11, 2011, 05:49:10 PM
Don't worry, Tim will make another one because "it's important!  :mad:".

He didn't make this one?  The title could've fooled me.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

I have no idea what you mean.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

The outline of Obama's re-election campaign is becoming clear.  :ph34r:  :tinfoil:

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: DGuller on October 11, 2011, 08:00:14 PM
The outline of Obama's re-election campaign is becoming clear.  :ph34r:  :tinfoil:

Step 1: Bomb Iran.
Step 2: Bomb the RNC.
Step 3: Victory!
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

MadImmortalMan

Might as well bump Raz's thread.  :P

All 100 Senators have been called into an emergency intelligence briefing related to the plot. Don't know why and don't have a link yet.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

It would have caused war if they pulled it off.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 12, 2011, 05:02:02 PM

Not necessarily. The Chileans assassinated a guy back in the 1970s IIRC, and the Iranians bumped off an important dissident in DC in 1980. And some more around Europe I believe.

dps

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 11, 2011, 08:23:57 PM

At first, I misread Step 2 as "Bomb the RCMP", which rather confused me.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: dps on October 12, 2011, 07:36:22 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 11, 2011, 08:23:57 PM

At first, I misread Step 2 as "Bomb the RCMP", which rather confused me.

That's part of step 4, invade Canada  :ph34r:

Razgovory

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 12, 2011, 07:16:09 PM

Not necessarily. The Chileans assassinated a guy back in the 1970s IIRC, and the Iranians bumped off an important dissident in DC in 1980. And some more around Europe I believe.

Yes, but the Chileans who did that were our friends.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

No it wouldn't have.  You guys don't have the strength to fight a war against Iran.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.