Swine Flue outbreak in Mexico, US; 20 confirmed dead.

Started by Syt, April 25, 2009, 04:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Monoriu on April 29, 2009, 08:05:17 AM
I think it is absolutely essential NOT to notify an air crew that you are sick.  They are most likely under standing orders to report sick cases to the destination airport - so that the health authorities can make a decision to turn back the aircraft if necessary.  This must be even more true now.  Take some over the counter medication, and pretend to be asleep during the trip.  Don't attract any attention on the plane and don't seek medical assistance.

Typhoid Mary is in da house!

:D
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

I think it is absolutely essential NOT to notify an air crew that you are sick.  They are most likely under standing orders to report sick cases to the destination airport - so that the health authorities can make a decision to turn back the aircraft if necessary.  This must be even more true now.  Take some over the counter medication, and pretend to be asleep during the trip.  Don't attract any attention on the plane and don't seek medical assistance.
This is why we should cut ties with China:  They're evil.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Weatherman

That's stupid.

DisturbedPervert

I hope Mono never gets a super bug, because he's obviously planning on taking everyone else out with him.

lustindarkness

I sad thing is I believe mono is been serious.  :(
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Grey Fox

He also totally over thinks what aircraft crew does. :lol:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Monoriu

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 29, 2009, 09:26:03 PM

Don't think so.  Try asking for a doctor on a plane and see what happens.  Trust me, they WILL notify the destination airport.  There is a reason governments (at least those in developed countries) station health inspectors at airports.  They'll come on board and check out the patient before they'll allow anyone to disembark - because they want to reserve the right to turn back the aircraft or qurantine everybody.

Neil

Quote from: Monoriu on April 29, 2009, 09:41:26 PM

Don't think so.  Try asking for a doctor on a plane and see what happens.  Trust me, they WILL notify the destination airport.  There is a reason governments (at least those in developed countries) station health inspectors at airports.  They'll come on board and check out the patient before they'll allow anyone to disembark - because they want to reserve the right to turn back the aircraft or qurantine everybody.
Of course.  People like you are dangerous.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

Damn shitty time to come down with a flu, with all the news networks talking like it's the end of the world. Fortunately, I'm recovering, fever's not as bad as last night.

Judging from the maps, I've almost certainly got the regular variety.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Weatherman

Quote from: Monoriu on April 29, 2009, 09:41:26 PM

Maybe in China; I've been on planes with noticeable sick people and nothing like that ever happened.

Monoriu

Maybe in China; I've been on planes with noticeable sick people and nothing like that ever happened.

These things generally happen on international flights.

DontSayBanana

I'm pretty sure they don't "turn this plane right back around," Mono. AFAIK, if there's reason to suspect a contaminated flight, they'll quarantine it at the tarmac. Over longer international flight, there's generally time for distinguishable symptoms to present themselves, so they could make a halfway decent judgment call right then and there.
Experience bij!

Monoriu

If I am sick and I am going to travel, I'll take some sleeping pills and fever reducers with me.  A large dose of coffee (or whatever keeps you awake) 30 minutes before you step into the airport.  Ground crew may refuse people from checking in if they suspect that you are sick.  That's the first check.  Immediately when I sit down on the plane, I'll take a sleeping pill.  That significantly reduces the chance that I sleeze and cough on the plane.  Just before landing, I'll take the fever reducer to fool the body temperature detectors at the airport. 

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Monoriu on April 29, 2009, 10:03:45 PM
If I am sick and I am going to travel, I'll take some sleeping pills and fever reducers with me.  A large dose of coffee (or whatever keeps you awake) 30 minutes before you step into the airport.  Ground crew may refuse people from checking in if they suspect that you are sick.  That's the first check.  Immediately when I sit down on the plane, I'll take a sleeping pill.  That significantly reduces the chance that I sleeze and cough on the plane.  Just before landing, I'll take the fever reducer to fool the body temperature detectors at the airport. 
If you're feverishly sick and are going to travel, I'd hope the first thing you do is check to make sure you're out of the contagious phase.
Experience bij!

Weatherman

Quote from: Monoriu on April 29, 2009, 10:03:45 PM

So you'd have no problems with the fact that you'd be infecting people?