News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Firefox is always open

Started by Josephus, October 10, 2011, 10:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

I'm having an issue with Firefox. It just started today. When I go to open it, it says it's already open on my system, or something. I can shut down the process from the task manager, and then it starts up again the first time, but after I close it, the same thing happens.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Josephus on October 10, 2011, 10:33:43 AM
I'm having an issue with Firefox. It just started today. When I go to open it, it says it's already open on my system, or something. I can shut down the process from the task manager, and then it starts up again the first time, but after I close it, the same thing happens.

Any ideas how to fix this?

How long have you been giving it for the process to terminate?  I find firefox.exe is usually one of the slowest-to-kill processes on my system...
Experience bij!

Lucidor

Did you try a clean install or just reinstall it on top of the other installation?

Josephus

It started to work again by itself; but that was very odd.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011