Main Menu

The Chinese Space Program Advances

Started by Jacob, September 29, 2011, 09:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: sbr on September 30, 2011, 09:34:16 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-15123830

Quote'America the Beautiful' accompanies China rocket launch

China's state TV accompanied coverage of the historic launch of the country's first space laboratory with a patriotic US song, America the Beautiful.

The song is regarded by many as an unofficial national anthem for the US, and features the line: "America! America! God shed his grace on thee."

Some Chinese people say that CCTV must have made a mistake with the music. The broadcaster has not commented.

Millions watched the take-off of Tiangong-1 on Thursday.

Viewers of CCTV were treated to a minute-long animation set to the American song.

The video features only the music from the song and not the lyrics.

"At the time, I was eating in a hotel with foreigners from an American company and Chinese clients and we were watching the live broadcast," posted one user on Sina Weibo, China's equivalent of Twitter.

"All the Chinese there wanted to disappear."

The song was composed by a New York church organist in 1882, and has long been a favourite of US patriots.

It has been proposed as a replacement for Star-Spangled Banner as the US national anthem.

:lmfao:
Makes up for them playing that one nationalist song at the White House banquet earlier this year.
Sucks that the poor guy in charge is going to get a 9mm retirement though. :(
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Razgovory

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 30, 2011, 11:08:30 PM

:lmfao:
Makes up for them playing that one nationalist song at the White House banquet earlier this year.
Sucks that the poor guy in charge is going to get a 9mm retirement though. :(

Plenty more where he came from.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on September 30, 2011, 07:53:46 PM
And now Ed knows why he saved that image on his computer several months ago.  It was for this exact moment in time.

:)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Siege

An small step for a chinaman, a huge step for asiankind.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Neil

China's state TV accompanied coverage of the historic launch of the country's first space laboratory with a patriotic US song, America the Beautiful.

The song is regarded by many as an unofficial national anthem for the US, and features the line: "America! America! God shed his grace on thee."

Some Chinese people say that CCTV must have made a mistake with the music. The broadcaster has not commented.

Viewers of CCTV were treated to a minute-long animation set to the American song.

"At the time, I was eating in a hotel with foreigners from an American company and Chinese clients and we were watching the live broadcast," posted one user on Sina Weibo, China's equivalent of Twitter.

The song was composed by a New York church organist in 1882, and has long been a favourite of US patriots.

It has been proposed as a replacement for Star-Spangled Banner as the US national anthem.
Well, it makes sense, doesn't it?  I mean, all of their space technology was stolen from the US, right?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on October 03, 2011, 07:02:19 PM
An small step for a chinaman, a huge step for asiankind.

Aren't you an Asian?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Neil on October 03, 2011, 07:08:32 PM

Well, it makes sense, doesn't it?  I mean, all of their space technology was stolen from the US, right?

By way of Israel
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Neil