Assad: Syria will shower Tel Aviv with rockets if attacked by foreign powers

Started by jimmy olsen, October 04, 2011, 07:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on October 05, 2011, 03:50:27 AM
He's a dictator and the son of a dictator, they don't tend to turn out well  :hmm:

What about North Kore... oh wait.

Warspite

Hey, Assad, the early nineties called: they want their idea back.

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Malthus

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 05, 2011, 10:54:09 AM
Shame the Turko-Israeli alliance blew up.

Hey, Turkey was sabre-rattling at Israel recently. Maybe they can have a three-way war.  :lol:

Not nearly as much fun as other sorts of three-ways, but hey, its the middle east.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Darth Wagtaros

I doubt Iran would be willing to declare war on the US by assaulting US ships.  But an Israeli-Syrian-Turkish War would make for interesting war gaming.  I'm guessing Damascus would be the battleground between the Israeli and Turkish forces. 
PDH!

KRonn

Shows that the Syrian President is feeling the heat pretty badly now from all sides, to be making these statements, IMO.

Iormlund

Quote from: Jacob on October 04, 2011, 07:45:44 PM
If the enemy of my enemy is my friend, does this have the potential to create friendship between Syrian democrats and Israel?

I doubt it. I rather suspect the only reason an Assad is still in power in Syria is Israel does not believe any alternative would reveal itself an improvement.

Razgovory

Quote from: Iormlund on October 05, 2011, 11:35:07 AM
Quote from: Jacob on October 04, 2011, 07:45:44 PM
If the enemy of my enemy is my friend, does this have the potential to create friendship between Syrian democrats and Israel?

I doubt it. I rather suspect the only reason an Assad is still in power in Syria is Israel does not believe any alternative would reveal itself an improvement.

I don't think Israel has much say who runs Syria.  I could see Assad attacking Israel in a last ditch effort to rally his people against an external enemy.  The biggest threat is that he sees what happened to Mubarak and thinks "Well if I'm going to die, I'm going to take all you mother fuckers with me", and fires chemical weapons at Israel resulting in the glassing of Damascus.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

Quote from: KRonn on October 05, 2011, 11:35:03 AM
Shows that the Syrian President is feeling the heat pretty badly now from all sides, to be making these statements, IMO.

I sorta get the impression Dictator Jr. keeps frantically pushing the button that says "if in trouble or doubt, make threatening gestures at Israel, signed, Dad" and muttering to himself "it always worked before ... "  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius