1 billion $ spending cuts proposed for Canadian army

Started by viper37, October 03, 2011, 11:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Razgovory on October 07, 2011, 02:23:52 PM
I see Berkut brought out the tribes thing again. :rolleyes:

It is a recurring theme in human interaction, more is the pity.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on October 07, 2011, 02:34:39 PM

There is always some asshole who thinks he's above the fray while wallowing in the trenches.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Berkut

Quote from: Razgovory on October 07, 2011, 02:36:54 PM
Quote from: Berkut on October 07, 2011, 02:34:39 PM

There is always some asshole who thinks he's above the fray while wallowing in the trenches.

I see you are diving right into the ad hom fray yourself. Classy as always Raz.

0 rows returned

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on October 07, 2011, 02:38:55 PM

However, I am honest about it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on October 07, 2011, 02:41:40 PM
this thread needs more little boats.

Oh lordy, that was funny.  :D Pateches forever!

If it's little boats you wanted though, shoulda brought up the Canadian navy, not army.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Berkut

Quote from: Razgovory on October 07, 2011, 02:40:08 PM
Quote from: Berkut on October 07, 2011, 02:38:55 PM

However, I am honest about it.

Being honest about lacking objectivity or ability to think outside your worldview doesn't really make it better. If anything, it makes it worse. Hell, most people don't even really realize that they don't really look at issues objectively. Knowing that you do not and being ok with it is pretty screwed up.

0 rows returned

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on October 07, 2011, 02:44:25 PM
Quote from: HVC on October 07, 2011, 02:41:40 PM
this thread needs more little boats.

Oh lordy, that was funny.  :D Pateches forever!

If it's little boats you wanted though, shoulda brought up the Canadian navy, not army.  ;)
do our boats still even float, or is it just our subs that are sinking?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Zoupa

Well, this was mildly entertaining.

Some folks need to spend less time on languish methinks.

Malthus

Quote from: Zoupa on October 07, 2011, 03:18:12 PM
Well, this was mildly entertaining.

Some folks need to spend less time on languish methinks.

Only "some"?  :hmm:

:P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

AnchorClanker

The last few pages were annoying.   <_<

Anyway - when Canada disengages from Libya and Afghanistan, I suspect there will be increased emphasis on the "long term" spending, which will almost certainly include naval and air assets for the far north - Canada's on her own insofar as the US is not supporting Canada's claim to the region and thus Canada will have to have the capacity to patrol the area and enforce the claims - again, long term stuff but necessary if those claims are going to be taken seriously...
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr