News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fun? In Toronto?!

Started by Berkut, October 03, 2011, 06:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

So here I am on rather short notice in Toronto. Apparently the tech lead for the Bank of Montreal engagement could not get his visa, so they had me come up and cover for this workshop.

Does it enrage the French Canadians that Bank of Montreal is in Toronto? Will the workshop be in French?

Anyway, anyone in Toronto and want to get together for a drink and some poutine?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Grey Fox

We were pissed about it but we moved on. Financial hub of Canada is Toronto.

I very much doubt that any part of the workshop will be in French.

Do you want to do a surprise visit at Malthus? I can direct you.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Zoupa

They don't have good poutine in Toronto. Of course, you probably can't tell the difference anyways.  :sleep:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Berkut on October 03, 2011, 06:44:17 PM
So here I am on rather short notice in Toronto. Apparently the tech lead for the Bank of Montreal engagement could not get his visa, so they had me come up and cover for this workshop.
Not enough ducats?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Zoupa on October 03, 2011, 11:39:05 PM
They don't have good poutine in Toronto. Of course, you probably can't tell the difference anyways.  :sleep:

Is it one that can be put in words?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 04, 2011, 12:04:03 AM
Not enough ducats?
Probably a criminal.  Many Americans are prone to criminality.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

Does it enrage the French Canadians that Bank of Montreal is in Toronto? Will the workshop be in French?

Anyway, anyone in Toronto and want to get together for a drink and some poutine?

Officially, the Bank of Montreal maintains two headquarters, one in Montreal, one in Toronto.  Practically, it's all in Toronto.  I don't know why they still bother.
And there's no such thing as a French workplace in Toronto, or anywhere in Ontario for that matter.  One english vs 50 francos means everyone speaks english.

If you want poutine, you'll have to travel to Quebec city and eat one at Ashton's.  This is the best poutine of the entire world :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on October 04, 2011, 09:53:02 AM
If you want poutine, you'll have to travel to Quebec city and eat one at Ashton's.  This is the best poutine of the entire world :P

Ashton poutine sucks. It's nothing but hype. McD's poutine is better then Ashton's.

Maximus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 04, 2011, 01:17:24 AM
Is it one that can be put in words?
I don't know how the Quebecois feel about it, but I used to work in a francophone town in southern Saskatchewan and the restaurant I ate at served a baked poutine that was damn good. I've never seen that anywhere else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 04, 2011, 10:24:39 AM
. McD's poutine

I just shuddered at Mickey D's making poutine.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 04, 2011, 12:02:07 PM
. McD's poutine

I just shuddered at Mickey D's making poutine.

It's surprisingly good. Their gravy is awesome.

Maximus

I've never seen that. Burger king used to offer it, but it was horribly salty.

Barrister

Poutine snobs amuse me.

Its fries with gravy and cheese people!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

I like mine with a little bacon & onions or some smoked meat. My cousin is big on italian poutine with sausage & meat tomato sauce.

My other cousin likes to drown his in ketchup.

viper37

Quote from: viper37 on October 04, 2011, 09:53:02 AM

Ashton poutine sucks. It's nothing but hype. McD's poutine is better then Ashton's.
:cry: :yucky: :x :x :x
too salty.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.