Wall Street protesters: We're in for the long haul

Started by garbon, October 02, 2011, 04:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: fahdiz on November 04, 2011, 03:36:50 PM
Quote from: DGuller on November 04, 2011, 03:04:11 PM
If I were someone who got rich through rent-seeking activities that made the society as a whole poorer, I would not be employing the Marie Antoinette strategy in dealing with the protesters.  I would instead opt to lie low, rather than test the resolve of the Tea Party useful idiots that have so far protected you politically.

It's actually kind of an insult to McDonald's, too, when you think about it.

If I were MCD I wouldn't want to be associated with guys being jerks. So there's that too.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DGuller

Obviously.  When you tell people to work in McDonald's as an insult, you are kind of denigrating all the people who work in McDonald's right now.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on November 04, 2011, 03:44:26 PM
Obviously.  When you tell people to work in McDonald's as an insult, you are kind of denigrating all the people who work in McDonald's right now.

Well they do make crap burgers.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

fhdz

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 04, 2011, 03:39:43 PM
If I were MCD I wouldn't want to be associated with guys being jerks. So there's that too.

McDonald's exec: "Ha ha, those traders told those guys to go out and get shitty, low-paying, menial, tedious jobs over at...hey. Wait a minute. Sad trombone."
and the horse you rode in on

fhdz

As MBM indicated, I don't think "avoid sounding like a dick" is high on the to-do list for the application-droppers.
and the horse you rode in on

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 04, 2011, 03:23:03 PMFacebook isnt retarded, retards use facebook.

Maybe, but the future of the internet, online commerce and communication is being determined by the battle between  Facebook, Amazon, Apple and Google.

crazy canuck

I will let you know if I need online commerce and then you can help me pick which one to get.

HVC

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 04, 2011, 03:23:03 PM
Quote from: The Brain on November 04, 2011, 03:12:57 PM
Facebook is completely retarded.

Facebook isnt retarded, retards use facebook.
like any other form of communication it is what you make of it.

PS you're old :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Brain on November 04, 2011, 03:45:32 PM

The angus burgers they introduced a couple of years ago are pretty good.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: Jacob on November 04, 2011, 03:05:38 PM
Quote from: Neil on November 04, 2011, 01:49:38 PM
Facebook?

No hipster douchery allowed on Languish.
You disapprove of Facebook?
I was never really that into it, but since it became a trendy marketing behemoth I avoid it at all costs.  It was pretty easy to fade out of it, since the only people who really were into it were my wife's family and people I knew from the old country.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 04, 2011, 04:21:40 PM
Quote from: The Brain on November 04, 2011, 03:45:32 PM

The angus burgers they introduced a couple of years ago are pretty good.

The Languish food fags are vectoring in on your position.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Jacob on November 04, 2011, 04:05:49 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 04, 2011, 03:23:03 PMFacebook isnt retarded, retards use facebook.
Maybe, but the future of the internet, online commerce and communication is being determined by the battle between  Facebook, Amazon, Apple and Google.
And that's why the phone will never be replaced by their assorted services:  They're all predicated on being as terrible and intrusive as possible, and sending you as many ads as they possibly can in order to maximize their revenue stream.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.