Wall Street protesters: We're in for the long haul

Started by garbon, October 02, 2011, 04:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 17, 2011, 09:27:37 PM
Are you going to try to pretend not to have pretensions again?

Are you going to dodge and weave again when I ask you for a definition?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Warspite

Do you cook organic pork on a grill or on a frying pan?
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

PDH

Organic pork is cooked in the steamy self-satisfaction of the buyer.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Tamas

Quote from: Warspite on October 18, 2011, 08:34:11 AM

I cook it over timber I cut down with my axe made out of stone.

Tamas

Malthus

For the price they charge for organic meat, the damn pig should put on a chef's hat and cook *himself*.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Jacob

Quote from: Malthus on October 18, 2011, 08:46:56 AM
For the price they charge for organic meat, the damn pig should put on a chef's hat and cook *himself*.  :P

We got a nice butcher not too far from where I live where the organic grass fed meat is less than what you pay for regular stuff at the super market :)

Malthus

Quote from: Jacob on October 18, 2011, 10:52:13 AM

We got a nice butcher not too far from where I live where the organic grass fed meat is less than what you pay for regular stuff at the super market :)

Checked the local feral cat population lately?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Jacob

Quote from: Malthus on October 18, 2011, 10:55:17 AMChecked the local feral cat population lately?  :hmm:

These guys supply several high end restaurants. Their meat is really good quality. I'm confident that it's not cat. Alternately, if it is cat then we as a society have been missing out on not eating cat.

Caliga

Same.   :cool:  Butcher is also the farmer in my case.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on October 17, 2011, 08:51:53 PM
I think it'd be better not to crush her with student debt, but I guess opinions differ.

He was referring to how programs like that have worked here.  Not that this is a great policy idea.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on October 18, 2011, 11:13:29 AMHe was referring to how programs like that have worked here.  Not that this is a great policy idea.

Thank you for pointing that out. Would you like some champagne with your organic pork?

crazy canuck

Perhaps another difference between Toronto and Vancouver.  organic grass fed non medicated meat is fairly plentiful and reasonably priced around here. 

crazy canuck

Quote from: Caliga on October 18, 2011, 11:11:02 AM

Nice!

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 18, 2011, 11:35:49 AM
Quote from: Caliga on October 18, 2011, 11:11:02 AM

Nice!

You guys used to have someone like that in Vancouver - name of Picton, I believe.

I heard his homemade organic sausages were much cheaper than the crap you get in thge supermarket.