News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Obama Fried Chicken

Started by jimmy olsen, September 30, 2011, 10:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

<_<

Ridiculous racist picture can be found after the link.
http://behindthewall.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/09/30/8055460-obama-fried-chicken-in-china-its-on-the-menu
QuoteBy Ed Flanagan, NBC News

BEIJING – For all the grief the Obama administration is getting from China for filing a complaint with the World Trade Organization about Chinese tariffs on American chicken exports, perhaps the president should be suing China for royalties instead.

We've seen Obama peddle chicken for Kentucky Fried Chicken in Hong Kong, so it was just a matter of time before he broke loose and got his own franchise here in the mainland.

Obama Fried Chicken, or at least what we assume OFC stands for, was found earlier this week in Beijing and comes with the slogan written underneath in Chinese: "We're so cool, aren't we?"

Indeed...

Thanks to the team at Shanghaiist for the photo.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Brazen

It's clearly a young Frank Sinatra, or "Old Blue Eyes".

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grinning_Colossus

He looks more Chinese than anything.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on September 30, 2011, 10:55:08 AM
How is the picture racist?
Because implying that black people like fried chicken is racist according to stupid people.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on September 30, 2011, 11:09:47 AM
Because implying that black people like fried chicken is racist according to stupid people.

But are Chinese people aware of the stereotype?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on September 30, 2011, 11:49:54 AM
Quote from: Neil on September 30, 2011, 11:09:47 AM
But are Chinese people aware of the stereotype?
Maybe, maybe not.  Nevertheless, Tim is an American, and so he feels that everyone should be aware of what he feels is and isn't racist.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

I am dying over that image. :lol:

I like fried chicken :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Of course you do... it's delicious.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.