Diebold voting machines can be hacked by remote control

Started by jimmy olsen, September 28, 2011, 07:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 29, 2011, 06:39:23 PM
Quote from: AnchorClanker on September 29, 2011, 06:31:39 PM
It was to provide the voter with a paper ticket that accounted for the votes, as a sanity check.
Diebold flatly refused to build machines that provided them, saying that they were unnecessary.

Receipts that show who you voted for are illegal for the same reasons you're not allowed to photograph your paper ballot before you cast it--to prevent vote buying.
The receipts are for the county for a paper recount. They wouldn't say who cast the ballot, just that votes was cast for X, Y, and Z.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 29, 2011, 06:58:52 PM
The receipts are for the county for a paper recount. They wouldn't say who cast the ballot, just that votes was cast for X, Y, and Z.

OK, that makes more sense.

Fucking Diebold.

AnchorClanker

Yeah, exactly.  It just made the worries about voting integrity mad and sent the conspiracy theorists into orbit.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

dps

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 29, 2011, 09:38:01 AM
It's a bit like the electric chair, theoretically modern but rather rubbish in practice. The gallows and paper ballots are the way to go  :cool:

FYP.