Obama: Billionaires should pay the "Jew" tax rate.

Started by jimmy olsen, September 27, 2011, 08:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Smooth :face:

http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/25/obama-gaffe-president-says-billionaires-should-pay-the-jew-tax-rate/#ixzz1Z1IB28jT

QuoteObama gaffe: President says billionaires should pay 'Jew' tax rate
Published: 9:20 PM 09/25/2011 | Updated: 12:08 PM 09/26/2011
inShare14
By Jamie Weinstein

Speaking at the Congressional Black Caucus annual awards dinner in Washington Saturday night, President Obama made a verbal boo-boo.

While defending his call for the rich to pay more in taxes, the president said he didn't mind people calling him a class warrior for merely asking a billionaire to pay the same tax rate as a Jew. Whoops!

The president meant to say "janitor" instead of "Jew," and he immediately corrected himself. After all, he doesn't need any more problems keeping Jewish voters enthusiastic about his re-election bid.

In fairness, though, you could interpret the president's gaffe as a positive: Wasn't he just suggesting that for some reason Jews were being unfairly targeted with higher taxes, and he wanted to make billionaires pay the same rate? Maybe, maybe not.

Watch:

"When you start saying, at a time when the top one-tenth of one percent have seen their incomes go up four or five times over the last twenty years, and folks at the bottom have seen their incomes decline, and your response is that you want poor folks to pay more? Give me a break!

"If asking a billionaire to pay the same tax rate as a Jew — as a janitor — makes me a warrior for the working class, I wear that as a badge of honor."

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

CountDeMoney

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Berkut

Obama is awesome. He gets his message out, then immediately provides himself with cover. Very well played.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on September 27, 2011, 09:34:59 PM
Obama is awesome. He gets his message out, then immediately provides himself with cover. Very well played.

:lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

It's the Muslim coming out.  Billionaires should pay the jizya, just like the dhimmi.

Still, if he's arguing for taxing capital gains as income, that seems reasonable.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

QuoteObama gaffe: President says billionaires should pay 'Jew' tax rate

By Jamie Weinstein

:ph34r:

Ideologue

Clearly he was going to say "as a juicemaker."  "Janitor" is the actual gaffe.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

I would like to hear the actual clip - probably the Jew who wrote this article (it's not like it is some credible news source) is reading too much into it.

Still, would be funny if true.  :lol:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on September 28, 2011, 02:40:13 AM
I would like to hear the actual clip - probably the Jew who wrote this article (it's not like it is some credible news source) is reading too much into it.

Still, would be funny if true.  :lol:
There's a video in the original article IIRC. Just follow the link.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

The audience members are probably glad they weren't miked. :ph34r:

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

crazy canuck

Can a Jew tax be far off?  First billionares then Jews.  Where is Hans when one needs an interpretation of what all this means.