Hot for Canadian MP? The mistery of the vanishing cleavage

Started by The Larch, September 27, 2011, 05:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

For shame, Canucks, for shame.

QuoteToo hot for politics? Canadian MP at centre of Photoshopping controversy after cleavage is mysteriously retouched

She's the first Canadian Tamil MP and the standard bearer for young women in a male dominated political culture.

But rising member of Parliament, Rathika Sitsabaiesan, 29, is at the centre of an embarrassing Photoshop controversy- after authorities apparently deemed her cleavage (pictured left) too hot to handle.

According to political blog Contrarian, an enterprising reader performed an image search for Sitsabaiesan and came across the thumbnail.

But when the reader clicked through to Sitsabaiesan's official Parliamentary profile, he found a modified version of the headshot, which had been retouched to edit out her feminine curves.

Canada's conservative politicos apparently decided that the photo was inappropriate for a workplace as formal as Parliament.

But critics argue that the alteration was anti-feminist, and that that the cleavage was removed to make Sitsabaiesan appear less womanly.

It is not known if the cropping was requested by her party, her own office, or on the Parliamentary website's own authority.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Jacob

I'm very curious to see how the new young batch of NDP MPs are going to perform, and whether they'll make it through the next election.

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on September 27, 2011, 05:06:11 PM
I'm very curious to see how the new young batch of NDP MPs are going to perform, and whether they'll make it through the next election.

If she doesn't make it, I'll offer Rathika a place in my Sexitorium in the basement. I just installed a mini-fridge!

Neil

A 'rising' MP?  She's NDP, so she's pretty much peaked.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Photoshopping was stoopid, but what was she thinking with that Vamperilla outfit?

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 27, 2011, 05:28:28 PM
Photoshopping was stoopid, but what was she thinking with that Vamperilla outfit?

A way to get votes.  She's hot.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 27, 2011, 05:28:28 PM

Probably "that looks pretty cute."

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 27, 2011, 05:04:13 PM
I dont want to be around to witness the outrage of Cal over this.
We need to destroy your country in order to save it. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".