News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New Video Card

Started by Tamas, September 27, 2011, 02:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

What to buy? I want to be able to run Battlefield 3 with decent settings, and I have a two-three years old quadcore CPU.

I want an upper-middle class card, I dont want to spend a fortune on it.

And I will not buy ATI. Fuck those POSes with random strings of text for drivers.

Caliga

Quote from: Tamas on September 27, 2011, 02:06:08 AM
And I will not buy ATI. Fuck those POSes with random strings of text for drivers.
:hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on September 27, 2011, 04:50:05 AM
Quote from: Tamas on September 27, 2011, 02:06:08 AM
:hmm:

It's okay, they don't exist anymore.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

Quote from: Caliga on September 27, 2011, 06:30:57 AM
Hence my  :hmm: :)

ok so RADEON cards. Same thing. My conciousness is not bound by the dimension of time.

viper37

Removing AMD Radeon from the equation leaves us with only one choice: Nvidia.

What you're looking for is a GTX 560 Ti, priced below 200$.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tamas

Quote from: viper37 on September 27, 2011, 10:28:47 AM
Removing AMD Radeon from the equation leaves us with only one choice: Nvidia.

What you're looking for is a GTX 560 Ti, priced below 200$.

my man :)

Tamas

BTW I did of course know that Nvidia was the only alternative :P But I am seriously lagging in knowing the current cards.

Will look into the 560

viper37

Quote from: Tamas on September 28, 2011, 12:33:06 AM
BTW I did of course know that Nvidia was the only alternative :P But I am seriously lagging in knowing the current cards.
I was joking :)
Though there are other card manufacturers, like Matrox, they are no good for gamers.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on September 28, 2011, 11:57:51 AM
Quote from: Tamas on September 28, 2011, 12:33:06 AM
I was joking :)
Though there are other card manufacturers, like Matrox, they are no good for gamers.

Name that company again on Languish & I'm puting your name out on the contributor to the Partie Communiste du Québec.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 28, 2011, 11:59:52 AM
Name that company again on Languish & I'm puting your name out on the contributor to the Partie Communiste du Québec.
Can I sue for libel then?  :P

Seriously, I checked some benchmarks, and their cards rate lower than the lowest Nvidia or ATI card available on the market... the only good thing I could find about them is that they allow 8 monitors per cards.

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on September 28, 2011, 06:43:21 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 28, 2011, 11:59:52 AM
Can I sue for libel then?  :P

Seriously, I checked some benchmarks, and their cards rate lower than the lowest Nvidia or ATI card available on the market... the only good thing I could find about them is that they allow 8 monitors per cards.

Yes. They don't specialize in 3d. They specialize in 2d multiple monitors. They support up to 32 iirc. NYSE uses them.

They also do Digital Imaging, which is why I hate them, them & their craptastic software I have to deal with.