News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weird Dream of the Week

Started by Darth Wagtaros, September 26, 2011, 10:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

I woke up screaming and kicking the night before as I was overwhelmed by a pack of flying, demonic monkeys! I shot several of them down, but there were just too many.  :o
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

You just need to have a bucket of water on hand.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

So, I had a weird one today.

I dreamt I murdered somebody, together with 2 others - which were all real life friends of mine. I, however, can't recall who the victim was. We disposed of the body by burning him and then dumping the remains on a river. We were also expected to get rid of the clothes, but I liked them too much (the jeans, in particular, I kept), and ultimately this got all of us caught when a police dog picked up the scent.

First time I remember dreaming of myself killing somebody  :hmm:

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: celedhring on January 22, 2021, 02:53:27 AM
So, I had a weird one today.

I dreamt I murdered somebody, together with 2 others - which were all real life friends of mine. I, however, can't recall who the victim was. We disposed of the body by burning him and then dumping the remains on a river. We were also expected to get rid of the clothes, but I liked them too much (the jeans, in particular, I kept), and ultimately this got all of us caught when a police dog picked up the scent.

First time I remember dreaming of myself killing somebody  :hmm:
I had one like that a few years back. I dreamt I was on my paper route (from when I was like 14 but I was an adult in the dream) and I killed someone on the street, then was terrified of getting caught.  I spent the rest of the dream trying to pretend everything was normal and finally woke up because I was so afraid of everything. 
PDH!

Razgovory

I dreamt that there was a historical classification of Union soldiers that went on to become engineers and scientists called "radicants".  Even my dreams are boring.  I was curious if there was anything actually called a "radicant".  There is, it's a botany term.  I haven't studied botany since 2002.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Yesterday morning I woke up well before my alarm (5 am or so) then when I couldn't fall back asleep right away went to sleep on the couch.  Sometimes a change of "scenery" works for me, and it did this morning.

I fall asleep, but then dream that I wake up at Will Smith's house (?).  Starts out okay, Smith's a nice guy, but then I realize I've overslept and am late for work.  So I'm scrambling around Smith's house looking for all the stuff I need for work, then I leave his house and get caught in some kind of maze of underground tunnels (more like the corporate tunnels here in Edmonton between office buildings, not like a D&D dungeon).  I'm getting later and later all until my alarm goes off.

I'm perfectly on time but it was hard to shake the feeling of being late.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

A nightmare that I've had more than once these past months is being at place without a face mask and everybody looking at me accusingly. The "dream you're naked in class" Covid-19 version.  :lol: :bleeding:

mongers

Quote from: celedhring on January 26, 2021, 11:00:51 AM
A nightmare that I've had more than once these past months is being at place without a face mask and everybody looking at me accusingly. The "dream you're naked in class" Covid-19 version.  :lol: :bleeding:

Not nightmares, but three or four times, other people not wearing masks or getting too close has been a feature of my dreams.  <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

chipwich

No joke I just had a dream I was back in highschool and Boris Johnson was the lunchlady.

Darth Wagtaros

I have a lot of dreams about being in college or high school or something, and it is the last week of Finals, and I realize I hadn't been to any classes, done any work, and I have no idea where I'm supposed to go or what to do.

I had one of those recently and my old high school was turning into this massive labyrinth, with sewing classes and stuff. I was trying to navigate through the increasingly weird interior, or going out to one of the other buiildings, and never getting anywhere closer to my exams.
PDH!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 26, 2021, 12:41:04 PM
I have a lot of dreams about being in college or high school or something, and it is the last week of Finals, and I realize I hadn't been to any classes, done any work, and I have no idea where I'm supposed to go or what to do.

I had one of those recently and my old high school was turning into this massive labyrinth, with sewing classes and stuff. I was trying to navigate through the increasingly weird interior, or going out to one of the other buiildings, and never getting anywhere closer to my exams.

Those dreams are universal for anyone who has been to university.

They didnt stop for me until I was in my 40s and then they were replaced by dreams of showing up to court without knowing what the case was about, in my jeans and T-shirt.

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 26, 2021, 06:56:39 PM

They didnt stop for me until I was in my 40s and then they were replaced by dreams of showing up to court without knowing what the case was about, in my jeans and T-shirt.

:hug:  I've had that same dream many times, except I'm standing OOD on the bridge of the USS Berkeley and something happens like the captain has just told me to start the exercise, and I have no idea what the exercise is or what I'm supposed to do in it.  I'm in uniform, at least.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

I have those memories too.  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Minsky Moment

So you have dreams of being a poorly dressed public defender?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: grumbler on January 26, 2021, 09:39:27 PM

:hug:  I've had that same dream many times, except I'm standing OOD on the bridge of the USS Berkeley and something happens like the captain has just told me to start the exercise, and I have no idea what the exercise is or what I'm supposed to do in it.  I'm in uniform, at least.
Hopefully the right one.
PDH!