News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weird Dream of the Week

Started by Darth Wagtaros, September 26, 2011, 10:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: grumbler on March 16, 2023, 01:51:04 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 16, 2023, 01:49:14 PMYour subconscious is telling you that you should stop telling little lies.  :D

Yeah, telling us that you weren't attracted to a redhead is an obvious lie.

The redhead in the dream is somebody I worked with in a puppet show like 20 years ago (which makes sense in the context of the dream) - very nice woman, but she wasn't too easy on the eyes.  :P

crazy canuck

Quote from: celedhring on March 16, 2023, 02:21:52 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 16, 2023, 01:49:14 PMYour subconscious is telling you that you should stop telling little lies.  :D

The redhead in the dream is somebody I worked with in a puppet show like 20 years ago (which makes sense in the context of the dream) - very nice woman, but she wasn't too easy on the eyes.  :P

I think we are getting closer to the true reason she was upset with you.

HVC

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 16, 2023, 03:35:22 PM
Quote from: celedhring on March 16, 2023, 02:21:52 PM

I think we are getting closer to the true reason she was upset with you.

Hell hath no fury like a (dream) woman scorned :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

celedhring

So, this is a very short one that normally I wouldn't post. But I thought Languish would appreciate the theme.

I was flying over Ukraine on an F-35. After a run on Russian occupied Kherson I was meant to return to Khiv Rij (or whatever it's spelled). However, I couldn't find a strip to land, and ended up force-landing the plane on a field. Then I returned to base on foot - although I had miscalculated (the plane was so damn fast) and it would take me several hours. I was worried about the plane being safe, and that led me to wake up.

Wish I remembered details about the mission.

crazy canuck

I will have what he is having.

Darth Wagtaros

I had a dream that I was in some family drama situation (like half involved iwth and half observing) and then had been lured into an underground bunker system. Then the world burned due to nukuler war or something and I came out to find a new civilization. Somehow thousands of years had gone by.
PDH!

Savonarola

Quote from: Savonarola on March 16, 2023, 10:13:42 AMMy wife and I are traveling through Michigan's Upper Peninsula.  We stop in Munising at a bed and breakfast which is run by... :unsure: James Joyce :unsure:.

(He ran a very nice inn; in case you were curious.  It was neat and very tastefully decorated.)

Then I had a dream that my wife and I were at a bar to meet Molly Bloom.  Mrs. Bloom has put on some weight since June 16, 1904, but, considering she must be almost 160, she was looking good.   :)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

I'm currently feeling a sense of loss because, in a dream, my motorcycle was stolen (never had one).  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 09, 2023, 01:53:44 AMI'm currently feeling a sense of loss because, in a dream, my motorcycle was stolen (never had one).  :hmm:

hmmm......very odd.
No shit, I dreamt I was riding a skateboard to school (I haven't been to school in years) and my skateboard was stolen that day. (I never owned a skateboard).

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

grumbler

Hmmm... I remember a recent dream where I stole a motorcycle and a skateboard.  The skateboard was crap but the motorcycle was quite nice.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

I was at a wedding or something in a big bland hall. Sat right at the back on my own chair seperate to the throngs of people.
Right in front of me was Biden, Obama, Bill Clinton, and some other guy I recognised as a US president but not who. I don't think it was Bush and definitely wasn't trump.
Biden was giant. Like 2.5 metres tall.
Obama and Clinton stuck closely together.
I wanted a photo of them all with my phone but just couldn't get the right moment.
At one point later there was a table where you could get a plate of roast beef. Biden was well into that and was scoffing it down with a friend of mine.
I was really rich but my friend was richer. Somehow. Though I'd probably done evil.
Nothing of significance happened.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

I go to a place doing karaoke.  It's not one of my usual hangouts.  I want to order a drink but the bartenders are snubbing me viciously even though it's not very busy.  I leave and decide to hit another bar.  Next thing I know I'm walking down the street with three ladies and a Japanese dude.  He reminds me of the exchange student in Superbad.  They're talking to me as though we're best buds.  I'm thinking to myself who the hell are these people?

We walk through a neighborhood I later recognize from another dream and I'm trying to get to a bar i invented for a different dream.  the drink i order comes in this tall, narrow copper thing that looks sort of like a Moscow Mule cup, but narrower and taller, like a popsicle.  i reach in my pocket to pay and among all the loose bills are a ticket to Live Aid and an instant photo of two of the ladies done up in blue body paint with something provocative painted on their chests, like "wanna fuck?"

I realize we've all been hanging out at Live Aid and I totally blacked out.  But I'm not drunk.

I think my subconscious is trying to tell me something but I cant' begin to guess what it is.

Darth Wagtaros

Last night I dreamt I was watching a Warhammer 40k TV series. It started out amazing but production values got worse and worse until the Ultramarines were just normal scruffy guys in blue shirts and The Khan was this biker dude with a beard.

I often have dreams of looking for something that just seems to go on forwever.  Like trying to find someone in a Mall that just gets bigger and bigger. Two nights ago I was trying to go home and was carpooling but the drivers would always fall asleep and we'd get lost in a parking lot.
PDH!

Josephus

I just remembered I had a weird dream.

I was sharing a hotel room -- and a king size bed-- with Donald Trump.

Not sure how or why that came to be. I do know Donny wasn't too happy about it, and was ignoring me all the time. At one time he was on the phone talking about Defcon 4, and I was like, "What's going on? Defcon 4? That's bad." And he basically told me to mind my own business.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011