French Pledge Of Allegiance Proposed For Teenagers

Started by jimmy olsen, September 22, 2011, 03:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 22, 2011, 11:38:58 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 22, 2011, 05:56:48 AM
If there is one thing I like the French for, it's their unbashed hatred of Americans.

Of all the things one might regret saying in life, this surely would be an example.  I have no idea how a person educated in law can single out a whole nation as deserving hatred of others.  I have no idea how someone who can argue so vehemently for protection of gay minority rights can at the same time act in this way.

Sorry CC, but I think I noted a few years ago how hypocritical Marty was considering his stance on gay rights and his enthusiastic support for just about any form of bigotry otherwise.

Internet Marty might as well wear a sheet with a triangular hood.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on September 23, 2011, 08:00:53 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on September 22, 2011, 11:38:58 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 22, 2011, 05:56:48 AM
If there is one thing I like the French for, it's their unbashed hatred of Americans.

Of all the things one might regret saying in life, this surely would be an example.  I have no idea how a person educated in law can single out a whole nation as deserving hatred of others.  I have no idea how someone who can argue so vehemently for protection of gay minority rights can at the same time act in this way.

Sorry CC, but I think I noted a few years ago how hypocritical Marty was considering his stance on gay rights and his enthusiastic support for just about any form of bigotry otherwise.

Internet Marty might as well wear a sheet with a triangular hood.

He does, it's just pink.

Martinus

Sheilbh

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on September 22, 2011, 11:55:00 AM
I think Marine's old-fashioned far-right anti-Americanism is kind of endearing.
It's actually the most tediously common in Europe.  Real frothing lefty anti-Americanism's a joy to encounter - and I think you guys see it more because it's more present on line.  Generally you're far more likely to come across the nationalist, pseudo-imperialist, sneering anti-Americanism which I find is simply rather tedious.

QuoteI'm voting De Villepin   For the first round anyways. Second round will of course be Aubry.
Don't you have any good candidates? :weep:

I mean I'm very keen on De Villepin.  But Aubry?  Can't Delanoe or Lang run?  Someone with vim and vigour?

It's a common theme though.  The Reublicans have such a pathetic field and Labour held hustings around the country to find the only many less popular than Nick Clegg :bleeding:

Edit:  Did Chevenement go properly mental or can he come back?  What about Juppe?
Let's bomb Russia!

Zoupa

The field on the left is very poor. Hollande is another énarque, Royal is insane, I could stand Montebourg if he wasn't so in love with his own image, Valls is a backstabber. Aubry is a pragmatist, and I hope somehow her father's ethics and principles were passed down.

On the center-left, you have Chevenement. He doesn't stand a chance and yeah he went a little bizarre. He won't crack 5% even if he runs.

You have Bayrou in the center. He's likable and resilient, but that's about it. Running on a mains propres platform, I can see him in the low teens for the first round. Probably won't give his base away for the second round, but I could see an alliance with the PS for Matignon.

Center right is a couple of bozos, Hervé Morin and Borloo. Morin (former defense minister under Sarkozy) has no charism, and Borloo is tainted by being much too cozy with Sarkozy over the years.

On the right is of course Sarkozy. Juppé won't run against him, Villepin might but I don't think he declared officially. I think he should, if only to take a few points away from Sarkozy in the first round. Who knows, it might be enough to clear Le Pen through to the second round against Hollande or Aubry.

Ed Anger

If I was French (if I wasn't a Yankee, I'd rather be a frog), and there was no Bonapartist to vote for, I'd vote Le Pen for the lulz.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Quote from: Zoupa on September 24, 2011, 07:13:19 PM
The field on the left is very poor. Hollande is another énarque, Royal is insane, I could stand Montebourg if he wasn't so in love with his own image, Valls is a backstabber. Aubry is a pragmatist, and I hope somehow her father's ethics and principles were passed down.

On the center-left, you have Chevenement. He doesn't stand a chance and yeah he went a little bizarre. He won't crack 5% even if he runs.

You have Bayrou in the center. He's likable and resilient, but that's about it. Running on a mains propres platform, I can see him in the low teens for the first round. Probably won't give his base away for the second round, but I could see an alliance with the PS for Matignon.

Center right is a couple of bozos, Hervé Morin and Borloo. Morin (former defense minister under Sarkozy) has no charism, and Borloo is tainted by being much too cozy with Sarkozy over the years.

On the right is of course Sarkozy. Juppé won't run against him, Villepin might but I don't think he declared officially. I think he should, if only to take a few points away from Sarkozy in the first round. Who knows, it might be enough to clear Le Pen through to the second round against Hollande or Aubry.

Is it considered acceptable in France for a party member to run against the sitting President from the same party?

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Martinus on September 25, 2011, 01:33:35 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on September 24, 2011, 07:13:19 PM

Is it considered acceptable in France for a party member to run against the sitting President from the same party?

If you win, yes.  :)