Admiral Yi

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 20, 2011, 07:16:30 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 20, 2011, 07:08:46 AM
Stop voting Republican then.

How much of the thread did you actually read Wolfman?

Every post but the article. Not that it had any influence on the message I'm trying to tell you.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 20, 2011, 07:03:36 AM
I think a lie is a lie no matter who says it, and you think facts are negotiable as long as you're on the right side.
Facts are just a tool to arrive at the truth.  :)

Admiral Yi

NPR had a story on cap gains/dividends.

Cal, you were right about tax rate on dividends. 

The tax rate on cap gains/dividends was 28% under Reagan, 20% under Clinton, 15% under Bush II.  The Bush cuts were due to expire along with his other cuts but got extended for two years with the others back in November.

Fate

Why was Obama such a pussy on the Bush tax cut extension? Let all of that shit expire. All he had to do was veto the extension in the unlikely event it cleared a filibuster.

Caliga

Quote from: Fate on September 21, 2011, 09:32:42 PM
Why was Obama such a pussy on the Bush tax cut extension? Let all of that shit expire. All he had to do was veto the extension in the unlikely event it cleared a filibuster.
Probably for the same reason he's a pussy about everything, which I don't know why that is.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Neil

Quote from: Caliga on September 21, 2011, 09:53:40 PM
Probably for the same reason he's a pussy about everything, which I don't know why that is.
Because he's afraid that if he's too ambitious in his pursuit of sensible policy, he might not be reelected.  And he doesn't have much in the way of beliefs anyways.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

I dunno...maybe he felt extending them would've been enough of a bone to assuage the opposition when pushing through Obamacare.  If so, he wiffed on that one.  Big time.

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on September 21, 2011, 09:53:40 PM

He did bomb Libya.  It's a thin reed, but there I am, grasping it. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

What do you mean such a pussy?  It was his fucking idea.  :huh:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 22, 2011, 06:21:57 AM

What do you mean such a pussy?  It was his fucking idea.  :huh:

But you know he didn't really mean it.

Admiral Yi

He meant the hell out of it.  It delivered Keynsian stimulus and it allowed him to keep his campaign promise about not raising taxes on the Schumer class...

...until after the 2012 election.