News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Explain Turkey to me

Started by Tamas, September 19, 2011, 02:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

C.C.R.

Disagree indeed.  Turkey is best with a good rub & smoked...

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

C.C.R.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

I'm an apartment dweller, so I dont have a bloody smoker available to me or else I'd do that. Though we do now have a grill with a rotisserie. 
PDH!

C.C.R.

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on September 20, 2011, 09:23:39 AM
I'm an apartment dweller, so I dont have a bloody smoker available to me or else I'd do that. Though we do now have a grill with a rotisserie.

I use my gas grill to smoke meat -- I'll fill metal coffee cans with soaked hickory chips & put 'em right over the flames.  Purists will call me a douchebag for doing it that way, but I get awesome temp control & get the exact results that I'm looking for, so fuck 'em...

Barrister

Quote from: C.C.R. on September 20, 2011, 08:52:26 AM

WHen I've smoked chicken, the taste of chicken is overwhelmed by the smoke.  All you can taste is smoke.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

C.C.R.

Quote from: Barrister on September 20, 2011, 09:45:19 AM
Quote from: C.C.R. on September 20, 2011, 08:52:26 AM

WHen I've smoked chicken, the taste of chicken is overwhelmed by the smoke.  All you can taste is smoke.

You're doing it wrong...

Darth Wagtaros

Chicken doesn't have so much flavor that it'd be much of a loss, unless the smoke is really that strong.
PDH!

crazy canuck

I used to think brining was the way to go - we do chicken and Turkey that way.  But a friend recently got a real barbaque - ie not just a grill but a smoker - and oh my god was that good.