News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

In honor of all you frog haters...

Started by Zoupa, September 16, 2011, 07:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

December 1936, and my law policy is attacked by the opposition. I chose to side with the Conservatives while holding my breath. The Hawk boost is nice, and by moving once step to the right I can boost Free Market early next year. That decreases upgrade costs which is nice since my army is all 1918 crap.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Razgovory

I don't hate the French.  Or the Quebecis.  I dislike the British much more.  Greasy teabagers.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zoupa

January 1937. I move one step towards Free Market. Still paying down the dissent. Haven't made any significant minister changes either, just basically going for the +IC guys and the ones with infantry construction bonus. My IC is up from 87 to 93, which is barely noticeable because of the peacetime penalty.  :glare:

Zoupa

May 1937. Despite my best efforts and a bout of final heroics from the Republicans, the fascists annex the true Spanish nation.

But their time will come.  :menace:

Zoupa

June 1937, and ww2 kicks off. Marco Polo starts the Jap-Chinese war, and the KMT go with forging the unified front. All the warlords join in, commies included. I'm hoping they slow down the Japs til Pearl Harbour. China is a pain to go through in Hoi2 iirc. All these freaking mountains. Notice my impressive treasury. I've been selling blueprints to the Allies while they usually just give them away to me. Suckers.

Zoupa

June 1937. Another rogue politician appears. Great! Right?

Wrong. Turns out by going too much authoritarian, my government switches from Market Liberal to Social Conservative. I need to reappoint ministers, causing dissent. Most annoying though, is that now I cannot go full Free Market next year. Doh. Upgrades are gonna suffer.

Zoupa

October 1937. The Japs rearrange Inner Mongolia by setting up Mengkukuo or whatever it's called. It took them 5 months to do this, and minimal progress. I don't recall how fast the Japs usually beat China, but I take this as a good sign. Hopefully the mountainous terrain in the center of the country will slow their pace to a crawl. Since all my army and crap Navy is in France proper, I'll need to wrap up the germans before 1941. Doable? We shall see.

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Threviel

The thread title is misleading, I am: Disappointed.

Zoupa

January 1938. I'm going full hawk. Most of my factories will be finished around may. Behind schedule for starting infantry production, but I'll need the extra time to research infantry '39. The Brits are almost done researching it, so that'll speed things up once I trade them for the blueprint.

Zoupa

March 1938. Events unfolding historically as Hitler marches into Austria unopposed. We evacuate our embassy, burn our papers and ratchet up our factories input  :sleep: Background shot of the war in China. Japan is creeping southwards. They also landed about 30 divisions in Shanghai  <_< PROTECT YOUR BEACHES KMT. Dammit.

Zoupa

October 1938. Hitler demands the Sudetes and gets them. Poor Czechs. I almost wished they went for a fight. With their forts all around and a considerable army for their size, they could have kept the Boches busy for a while. My army is nowhere near ready though. Notice my IC finally in the green, thanks to techs and ministers  :showoff: