Poland warns of war 'in 10 years' as EU leaders scramble to contain panic

Started by jimmy olsen, September 15, 2011, 08:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

This guy is (apparently) a good finance minister but has cooky views otherwise. He has already been torn a new arsehole back here in Poland for his comments.

And he is a Brit, having a British citizenship and having lived there for most of his life, so he a Pole only in name.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Martinus on September 16, 2011, 01:29:23 AM
This guy is (apparently) a good finance minister but has cooky views otherwise. He has already been torn a new arsehole back here in Poland for his comments.

And he is a Brit, having a British citizenship and having lived there for most of his life, so he a Pole only in name.

Our plans to destroy the evil European Union mature  :menace:

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 16, 2011, 12:45:12 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 15, 2011, 11:07:53 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on September 15, 2011, 11:00:30 PM
This thread is disturbing.

I just want an Anglo Union.  Is that so wrong?
Anglo-American :contract:

Our relationship is much better with Atlantic ocean between us.  Do you have any idea how much it would cost to get the UK up to speed with the US?  It'd be like West Germany annexing East Germany but on a much bigger scale.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Razgovory on September 16, 2011, 01:53:11 AM

Our relationship is much better with Atlantic ocean between us.  Do you have any idea how much it would cost to get the UK up to speed with the US?  It'd be like West Germany annexing East Germany but on a much bigger scale.

Well, Scotland anyway.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 16, 2011, 01:58:51 AM

Well, Scotland anyway.

And Wales.  And Northern Ireland.  Or large parts of rural England.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Razgovory on September 16, 2011, 02:02:37 AM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 16, 2011, 01:58:51 AM

Well, Scotland anyway.

And Wales.  And Northern Ireland.  Or large parts of rural England.

Yes, I see what you mean...
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 16, 2011, 02:08:50 AM
Raz, you can't possibly be serious.

An Anglo-American union is a silly idea.  Free trade and military alliances between the nations of the anglophone world, sure, but we sure don't want to govern them.  They've all done that for themselves for a long time.  I'm not really interested in painting the map all one color, even if it's our color.  Anyway, we already have Arkansas, we don't need Wales to add insult to injury.

Zanza

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zanza on September 16, 2011, 05:37:58 AM
When the Euro breaks up, we can't even afford a war anymore.

If the EU ever breaks up Germany will have a ton of subsidy money to spend on its favorite hobby.  :ph34r:

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on September 16, 2011, 04:29:56 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 16, 2011, 02:08:50 AM
Raz, you can't possibly be serious.

An Anglo-American union is a silly idea.  Free trade and military alliances between the nations of the anglophone world, sure, but we sure don't want to govern them.  They've all done that for themselves for a long time.  I'm not really interested in painting the map all one color, even if it's our color.  Anyway, we already have Arkansas, we don't need Wales to add insult to injury.

I think the poorest parts of the UK are probally significantly better off than the poorest parts of the US.
And yes, on the other side of things the richer parts of the US are richer than the rich parts of the UK, excluding the posh sections of London.
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 16, 2011, 05:39:32 AM
Quote from: Zanza on September 16, 2011, 05:37:58 AM
When the Euro breaks up, we can't even afford a war anymore.

If the EU ever breaks up Germany will have a ton of subsidy money to spend on its favorite hobby.  :ph34r:
Not really. We spend less than 1% of our GDP on the EU. If you add that to our current military expenses, we'll maybe reach 2.2% or so of GDP, which is still less than say France or UK spend now.