Poland warns of war 'in 10 years' as EU leaders scramble to contain panic

Started by jimmy olsen, September 15, 2011, 08:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 16, 2011, 01:38:33 AMOur plans to destroy the evil European Union mature  :menace:
We would drag you guys down. With your oversized financial industry, the UK will suffer badly from a meltdown in the Eurozone.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on September 16, 2011, 05:42:25 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 16, 2011, 04:29:56 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 16, 2011, 02:08:50 AM
Raz, you can't possibly be serious.

An Anglo-American union is a silly idea.  Free trade and military alliances between the nations of the anglophone world, sure, but we sure don't want to govern them.  They've all done that for themselves for a long time.  I'm not really interested in painting the map all one color, even if it's our color.  Anyway, we already have Arkansas, we don't need Wales to add insult to injury.

I think the poorest parts of the UK are probally significantly better off than the poorest parts of the US.
And yes, on the other side of things the richer parts of the US are richer than the rich parts of the UK, excluding the posh sections of London.

The poorest parts of the UK were in a state of low grade civil war with in living memory.  Per Capita  for the UK is about 10 grand lower then the US.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zanza

The poorest NUTS2 region in the UK is Wales at 21,200€ GDP PPP/capita (~$29k with current exchange rate) in 2008, the poorest US state is Mississippi at $32,967 GDP nominal in 2010. Hard to compare, but I would guess that it means that Wales is poorer.

Grey Fox

Who is the Germany-France alliance going to fight? Italy & Greece?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on September 15, 2011, 08:40:02 PM
I can't fucking wait for the Euro Wars.

Meh, it'll be worse than the World Cup histrionics.  All that flopping around, but no contact.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Zanza on September 16, 2011, 06:12:44 AM
The poorest NUTS2 region in the UK is Wales at 21,200€ GDP PPP/capita (~$29k with current exchange rate) in 2008, the poorest US state is Mississippi at $32,967 GDP nominal in 2010. Hard to compare, but I would guess that it means that Wales is poorer.
I'm surprised it's not Northern Ireland :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Zanza

Northern Ireland is just the third poorest. The North East (Northumberland, County Durham, Tyne and Wear, and Teesside) of England is poorer too.

Josquius

QuoteThe poorest parts of the UK were in a state of low grade civil war with in living memory. 
Que?

Quote from: Zanza on September 16, 2011, 06:26:33 AM
Northern Ireland is just the third poorest. The North East (Northumberland, County Durham, Tyne and Wear, and Teesside) of England is poorer too.
I blame Cleveland.
QuoteThe poorest NUTS2 region in the UK is Wales at 21,200€ GDP PPP/capita (~$29k with current exchange rate) in 2008, the poorest US state is Mississippi at $32,967 GDP nominal in 2010. Hard to compare, but I would guess that it means that Wales is poorer.
Bare in mind the exchange rate is fucked at the moment.
But that is surprising.
I guess even in states theres a big divide between the poor and the rich.
██████
██████
██████

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 16, 2011, 06:13:19 AM
Who is the Germany-France alliance going to fight? Italy & Greece?

they'll invade Russia. It's their thing

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on September 16, 2011, 12:10:54 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on September 15, 2011, 11:49:12 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 15, 2011, 11:39:32 PM
With another 100 million Democrats, we could make that all go away.
Good luck encouraging your fellows to have that many kids.
I meant the populations of Great Britain, Canada, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. -_-
There would be several parties.  Remember, you'd be adopting our system rather than the reverse.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Quote from: Neil on September 16, 2011, 07:27:38 AMThere would be several parties.  Remember, you'd be adopting our system rather than the reverse.
Yeah.  No way I'd want Congress :x :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Neil on September 16, 2011, 07:27:38 AM
There would be several parties.  Remember, you'd be adopting our system rather than the reverse.

I don't see why the US would want to bed knee to Britain. Like I said I don't think we overthrew British rule only to impose it on ourselves centuries later. George Washington would be rolling in his grave. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.