News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL 2011 Week 2

Started by CountDeMoney, September 15, 2011, 06:18:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Ed: Frostee Rucker is over his illness & listed as Probable for Sunday.  I'll let him know you were asking about him.

Looks like Dalton is Probable as well.  Which is nice because I don't have any idea who the emergency backup would be if Dalton couldn't play & Gradkowski gets knocked out of the game Sunday.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on September 16, 2011, 04:17:44 PM
Ed: Frostee Rucker is over his illness & listed as Probable for Sunday.  I'll let him know you were asking about him.

:lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sophie Scholl

Hey now, he seems like a good guy!  "Frostee is also a supporter of many philanthropic endeavors. From taking families grocery shopping, to organizing clothing drives for The Salvation Army, Frostee Rucker enjoys giving back to the community."  Courtesy of his wikipedia page.  The spousal battery and vandalism charges were nowhere to be found though.  I'll take the sunshine and cheery view! :thumbsup:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 17, 2011, 02:01:41 AM
NFL wants full patdowns.  :rolleyes:

Installing metal detectors would be much more effective I think.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/NFL-wants-teams-to-give-full-pat-downs-to-fans-a?urn=nfl-wp7243
What if somebody makes a shank out of a toothbrush?  Metal detectors won't get that.

Yet another example of the fear that has gripped the US.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

Kleves

Quote from: Neil on September 15, 2011, 10:24:26 PM
I don't see the Seahawks out-physicalling the Steelers, and they don't have the tools to beat them with precision.  They don't have good receivers, they don't have a good quarterback, and their running back situation is passable at best.  Unless Roethlisberger was reduced to retardation by the pounding he took last week, they won't need the refs for this one like they did in '05.
Oh, yeah, it's going to be brutal (just check out the betting line). Jackson will be lucky if he retains the use of his extremities afterward. Adding the ref is just rubbing salt in the wound.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

sbr

Quote from: Kleves on September 17, 2011, 09:55:13 AM
Quote from: Neil on September 15, 2011, 10:24:26 PM
I don't see the Seahawks out-physicalling the Steelers, and they don't have the tools to beat them with precision.  They don't have good receivers, they don't have a good quarterback, and their running back situation is passable at best.  Unless Roethlisberger was reduced to retardation by the pounding he took last week, they won't need the refs for this one like they did in '05.
Oh, yeah, it's going to be brutal (just check out the betting line). Jackson will be lucky if he retains the use of his extremities afterward. Adding the ref is just rubbing salt in the wound.

There aren't many times I would give up double digits in a point spread in an NFL game but this is one where I would.  The Steelers are gonna hammer the Seachickens.

Neil

Ravens waived Jason Phillips.  :(
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 17, 2011, 03:29:29 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 17, 2011, 12:52:37 PM
Ravens waived Jason Phillips.  :(

Can't stay healthy.
Yeah, there isn't a lot of give on that linebacker corps for injuries, especially with injuries to DBs requiring them to call a guy up.  They weren't going to cut Kindle, even though Phillips is probably more of an impact player right now.  We'll see, but Kindle is starting to look like he might be a candidate to play for the Bengals.

CountDeMoney

Kruger's conversion to LB from DE hasn't helped those like Phillips on the outside looking in, either.  Quite frankly, they're too stacked, and Phillips is a typical 3-4 ILB on a team with a lot of 3-4 ILB talent.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 17, 2011, 06:58:07 PM
Kruger's conversion to LB from DE hasn't helped those like Phillips on the outside looking in, either.  Quite frankly, they're too stacked, and Phillips is a typical 3-4 ILB on a team with a lot of 3-4 ILB talent.
Yeah, no shit.  McClain, Ellerbe and Ayanbedejo are all there fighting for the honour of playing next to Ray Lewis.  I'd be surprised if Phillips cleared waivers though.

CountDeMoney

"The way the Ravens beat down the Steelers, given the normally close nature of these games, cannot be overstated. I'm on record as saying this might be the best Ravens team ever, and I still might have underestimated them." -- Brian Billick

Neil

Well, it was certainly impressive, but I defer judgement until Week 7 or 8.  That said, the last time that the Ravens blew the Steelers up like this, they finished 13-3.

Edit:  Make that Week 9, because that's the last competitive game that the Ravens have this year other than San Diego.