News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Special Elections

Started by jimmy olsen, September 13, 2011, 10:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

There's one in NY and one in Nevada today IIRC.

Results coming in from NY district 9. Looks like the GOP will win.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/elections/2011/by_county/NY_US_House_0913.html?SITE=AP&SECTION=POLITICS
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadImmortalMan

GOP's gonna win ours too by a landslide if the early voting numbers are any indication. Also, the polls were deserted when I went.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Not really surprising.  Weiner's district has a lot of Russian immigrants, and as a group they are virulently Republican.

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on September 14, 2011, 07:44:33 AM
Not really surprising.  Weiner's district has a lot of Russian immigrants, and as a group they are virulently Republican.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 13, 2011, 10:04:54 PM
GOP's gonna win ours too by a landslide if the early voting numbers are any indication. Also, the polls were deserted when I went.

Amodei over Marshall 50-37. GOP win. This seat has never in history been held by a Dem.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Brain

I can't shake the feeling that I've already done the "Isn't every election in America a special election?" joke.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on September 14, 2011, 07:44:33 AM

The Republicans looked into the Russians eyes and got a sense of their souls.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."