Children's Games (Garbon Warning: Carl-Related)

Started by Malthus, April 23, 2009, 09:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: saskganesh on April 23, 2009, 11:29:23 AM
my nephew is now into dragons. according to his authority:

" dragons eat carrots and they buy them at stores with green money that they keep in a bank."

he is now also wondering about the pictures of monsters in the rpg books. i.e. "daddy, what is that succubus doing?"

And so it begins.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

lustindarkness

I play dolls with my daughter.  :blush: She says I'm her babies grandfather so I have to give them pennies.  ;)

Yesterday I was playing COD, my daughter walks by and says: "Wow daddy, you shot him in the nuts!"  :lol:  :Embarrass: I wonder where she learns these things?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

fhdz

Quote from: lustindarkness on April 23, 2009, 01:08:31 PM
Yesterday I was playing COD, my daughter walks by and says: "Wow daddy, you shot him in the nuts!"  :lol:  :Embarrass: I wonder where she learns these things?

:lol:
and the horse you rode in on

Grey Fox

I play dolls with my daughter.  :blush: She says I'm her babies grandfather so I have to give them pennies.  ;)

You are an American, It's part of her genetic code.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

:lmfao:

Yesterday, I was wondering how my 3 year old knew to make motions like cocking a pretend gun before firing it - I mean, hasn't he learned of double-action yet?  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

I'm glad I dodged that bullet.  Hopefully I don't get shamed into playing dolls with my niece when she gets older :unsure:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on April 23, 2009, 03:04:31 PM

I'm glad I dodged that bullet.  Hopefully I don't get shamed into playing dolls with my niece when she gets older :unsure:

Oh please. That shit ain't that bad. You pretend to drink tea while sitting with a Teddy bear and and a giant duck.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on April 23, 2009, 03:04:31 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again: girl toys tend to suck. If I never see another multi-coloured pony or Disney Princess I'll be happy.

My poor brother had two girls, so I guess I'll be seeing them a lot ...  :lol:

syk

Made bows and arrows for my girls last weekend.  :)

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on April 23, 2009, 03:08:02 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: girl toys tend to suck. If I never see another multi-coloured pony or Disney Princess I'll be happy.

I'll step in and will respectfully disagree.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

lustindarkness

Ahh, but my daughter has a brother 7 years older and 2 cousins that are boys, so she has plenty of cool toys to play with too. But I am glad she likes her baby dolls, shows she has that motherly instinct.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

Quote from: lustindarkness on April 23, 2009, 03:12:24 PM
But I am glad she likes her baby dolls, shows she has that motherly instinct.

What if she doesn't want to be a mother?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: syk on April 23, 2009, 03:08:41 PM
Made bows and arrows for my girls last weekend.  :)

And Carl loves to cook - a skill that will serve him well in future years if he keeps it up.  ;)

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on April 23, 2009, 03:11:02 PM
I'll step in and will respectfully disagree.

I can't say how happy I am that Carl likes cool toys - like big cars, things that fly, robots and guns.  :D

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 23, 2009, 03:07:13 PM
Oh please. That shit ain't that bad. You pretend to drink tea while sitting with a Teddy bear and and a giant duck.

:bleeding:  I'll do it if I have to when the time comes, but the foam sword fights I'm getting into with Tommy are 1000x more fun.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall